GAP Cover

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
Reaction score
Quick one - I always use ALA for my GAP cover and you can use code MSE25 for a good discount. What do people usually go for, Vehicle Replacement or Back to Invoice? It's suggested a cover of £30,000 for me on Back to Invoice. I'm assuming this is due to the motor insurance policy usually covering for total loss within the first year etc.

Quick one - I always use ALA for my GAP cover and you can use code MSE25 for a good discount. What do people usually go for, Vehicle Replacement or Back to Invoice? It's suggested a cover of £30,000 for me on Back to Invoice. I'm assuming this is due to the motor insurance policy usually covering for total loss within the first year etc.
I got quotes from toatllossgap.

Back to Invoice/ New Car price
2Yr 286 ............332
3Yr 315............ 352
4Yr 387............ 440
5yr 452............ 581

Reactions: HulkRS3
Is there any point in Gap insurance at the moment.
Market value of your car is at least RRP and your insurance will give you market value with a total loss

Is there any point in Gap insurance at the moment.
Market value of your car is at least RRP and your insurance will give you market value with a total loss
You can only take GAP out to new car price within the first 180 days

Insurance will only pay invoice or supply a new car (I spoke to them today)

I got quotes from toatllossgap.

Back to Invoice/ New Car price
2Yr 286 ............332
3Yr 315............ 352
4Yr 387............ 440
5yr 452............ 581
ALA for back to invoice over 3 years at £45k worth of cover was £262.50. Given that 2019 RS3s are still selling for £47k I'm not really sure if I should be looking for higher level of cover or not...?

I think GAP is more important with a PCP?

I need to look into GAP this next week or so

I went with ALA back to invoice for 3 years.

I went with ALA back to invoice for 3 years.
I have just done a quote with ALA at £329 for back to invoice (£56500) against Totallossgap at £315, or with totallossgap I can go to new car price (Presently £61665) for £351 :)

I have just done a quote with ALA at £329 for back to invoice (£56500) against Totallossgap at £315, or with totallossgap I can go to new car price (Presently £61665) for £351 :)
ALA was £240 after a discount code recommended on this site applied (sorry you will need to search it out as can't remember where it was).
3 years back to invoice (Jan 22)

I think with the "desirability" of this Car having GAP would be beneficial, Yes most insurance policies' with total loss replace a new Car in the 1st year, After that you are on your own, Somewhat.

Probably Preaching to the Choir but having previously worked in the Trade & now being on the other side i would say like anything, Don't take at face value what the dealer offers you, Shop around & if you still want to go with the dealers product, Challenge them to price match any better price you may have obtained.

Not sure what variables you put in Mike, but with the discount code MSE25 and back to invoice over 3 years, with the invoice price set at £56500, and level of cover at £50,000, I got £267.75.
ALA was £240 after a discount code recommended on this site applied (sorry you will need to search it out as can't remember where it was).
3 years back to invoice (Jan 22)

What level of cover did you go for mate?

Not sure what variables you put in Mike, but with the discount code MSE25 and back to invoice over 3 years, with the invoice price set at £56500, and level of cover at £50,000, I got £267.75.

3 years back to invoice

I didnt put the discount code in, best try again :) I did a search for gap and that 'total loss gap' came out v well, that was why I phoned them, their web site is quite slow

I now get £246 or £288 for back to invoice or new car, It must change dependent on hiw you fund the car?

Last edited:
Yup but how much cover? When you take out the quote is gives you a level of cover that they will pay and you select which suits you.
Vehicle value = £58,320
Max benefit = £37,500
I've just gone for what I paid (return to invoice) even though they are dearer to buy now.

Hi.

Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/

Regards,

Dan.