Gap between bumper and headlight

Veronika23

Reaction score
Hello.
I’m not sure if I select good section but I would like to ask for advice if somebody know how to fix gap between bumper and headlight. 4 months ago we had accident and we mast buy new bumper but there is gap between bumper and headlight. I will appreciate if somebody help me what to do. Thank you
A9FFA99C 2A8C 4592 851E 126D2DDC118B
49CD5BDF 626F 4F61 89CE 29A1EB7CEF0E
C2FC1636 2CF4 472E B8FA AEF1D5006369

Factory bumper or aftermarket?

Factory bumper or aftermarket?

Factory market. We was visit mechanic and he just said that we need to buy new light but I don’t understand why, because the light is good. I said to my boyfriend that I think the bumper is just little bit more bigger then before. Let’s check the photo before the accident.
D3416E1F 0372 4B6E 9FDB 5FE0C8E19032

The bumpers different, one has fogs, other doesnt, washer holes are different position & shape, its kinda obvious its not the same, if headlights damaged, needs removing & checking.

Original is A7 pre-facelift Black Edition bumper (with what looks like an aftermarket mesh grille). The new bumper is 2014 (model year 2015) facelift style. The difference in the shape of corners at the top of the centre grille is what gives it away. I'm surprised it fits as well as it does.

Reactions: Eric_RS6 and NHN
Looks like the OP has also tried to upgrade to an RS style bumper as well (The air intakes next to the lower grills is the giveaway)

You need the facelift headlights, to fit a facelift bumper :racer:

interesting.
will facelift lights then fit pre face bonnet, then will there be any issues with the wings after that

interesting.
will facelift lights then fit pre face bonnet, then will there be any issues with the wings after that
It's a slippery slope once you start going down that particular rabbit hole, and Im honestly not sure what else would need replacing.
Headlight mounts, headlight controllers, maybe even the wings? I never went beyond the grill or rear lights on my C7 A7.

The facelift headlights themselves are over £1k each, which is why most people stop at changing the grill, and perhaps the rear lights, both of which can be done without any significant changes to the bodywork.:racer:

Reactions: +robster+a7+tdi