Galaxy S3 VS One X

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Upgrade soon and I can't make my mind up.

I've read reviews, watched videos and looked at price differences.

I thought I'd see what you lot think about the two.
Can we try and keep Apple out of this? lol

I'm in the same boat as you ScottB5, but i think i've decided on the S3, mainly due to better battery performance and features. Although i must say i think the htc looks better.

I'll keep Apple out of it when HTC or Samsung make a better phone.

Of the two, if you're really determined to go Android, HTC all the way. Galaxy is fast but Samsung's UI overlay on vanilla Android isn't as snappy as HTCs.

Sent from my HTC, but only because my missus has stolen my iPhone because it's better than her Samsung...

I like the screen on Samsung (who makes parts for Apple) but I agree with Audigex, the UI for Samsungs is poo. No where near as many options or widgets as HTC.

On paper the HTC is faster than the S3 by 100mhz, I can't remember what the bench tests said, I will take a look.

Guy in work has a One S and his battery has lasted 2 days so far and that's with WiFi and 3G being used.
Ok its smaller than One X but that level of battery out of a smart phone is amazing I think. The Galaxy S battery did last longer than my DHD.

The bench tests have reveiled that samsungs quad core processor out performs the tegra 3 processor by quite a bit, but this is on a test unit. Also, the Ones S is not quad core but rather dual so i would expect it to be better on battery life. I think out of the quad cores the samsung processor is best so far in battery life tests. Also the samsung has removeable battery and microSD slot to expand memory whereas the one x has not.

I do agree that the HTC sense is better than the samsung touch wiz which is one of my concerns as i currently have a htc. I thought i was decided on getting a one x until the samsung came out. But i wont buy it until i have seen and tested it in real life in the shops when it comes out. Also i'm undecided on whether to get the S3 in blue or white, where as with the HTC it would of definitely been white.

I also heard there is a design flaw with the htc screen. If you touch it by the edges, the screen blurs or something by the edges. Although this does not bother me as i hardly going to be touching the edge of the screen! lol As you can tell i'm still a bit undecided! lol

What about the Sony Experia s Scott? That seems fairly good and the camera is awesome

Sarah has that phone and camera on it is amazing.
The screen is really nice.

I think I've been with HTC to much.
I really like their sense UI and nothing else I have used comes close to it.

I hate the htc interface, but took too the Sony quite nicely when having a go... That's coming from an iPhone...

Ops I said that word

Just been playing with the S3 and oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy god.

Its amazing.
You can watch videos while still using the phone. It has PIP!!

IMAG0584-1.jpg

I think I'm sold on the S3.
Such a nice phone and the interface and options seems to have improved.

ScottB5 where did you get hold of a S3 to play with?

I can't say mate sorry.

I like the unlock screen and sound
There is loads of little features that brings a smile to my face as I say "ooo cool".

It did not have a sim card or setup fully so I could not test the speech or face recognition that it apparently has.
I'll do it next time.

My vote goes to the S3 (must get one to match the car :happy: )

Got an S2 at the moment which has just had the 'ice cream sandwich' firmware update - sounds like the S3 is a good step up. It apparently has wireless charging as well

My vote goes to the S3 (must get one to match the car :happy: )

Got an S2 at the moment which has just had the 'ice cream sandwich' firmware update - sounds like the S3 is a good step up. It apparently has wireless charging as well

Touchstone charging?
Ooooo got a couple of them in work.
If I get one I might have to nab one. :)

Just been playing with the S3 and oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy god.

Its amazing.
You can watch videos while still using the phone. It has PIP!!

IMAG0584-1.jpg

I think I'm sold on the S3.
Such a nice phone and the interface and options seems to have improved.

Lol love that! Your a bloke so shouldn't have any interest at all in multitasking

Im getting my wife the S3 to replace her HTC Legend. I have a S2 and have played with a Iphone 4s. I`d choses my S2 over the iphone any day so im hoping the S3 is a spet on from that.

Well, a colleague of mine has the One X and it is a really impressive phone. Think I'll still go for the S3 though when I get home. Well, it would be rude not to.