g85 steering angle sensor issue

sabaxter

Reaction score
Hello all my car has been to the garage today to have a new O/s/r abs sensor and its now sorted.

I fitted cruise last week and added a different scsm to accomodate this. Once I rebuilt the cowling and turned ignition I got all the warning lights.

So the garage has tried to reset the g85 using a snap on diagnostics and it reported the steering module to be incorrectly coded. Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers

I think you will need to use a genuine vagcom cable, i have access to a snap on and bosch machine but they won't do what vagcom will, i fitted my cruise yesterday and had to reset the steering sensor.

Hello all my car has been to the garage today to have a new O/s/r abs sensor and its now sorted.

I fitted cruise last week and added a different scsm to accomodate this. Once I rebuilt the cowling and turned ignition I got all the warning lights.

So the garage has tried to reset the g85 using a snap on diagnostics and it reported the steering module to be incorrectly coded. Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers

Where are you located? Im sure we will have someone with vcds close by you. If you click the vcds map link in my signature it will take you directly to the vcds users map. :) x

Im located between leigh and bolton I have a contact who has vcds but isnt a professional and allows people to use his equipment. Problem is I wouldnt know what to do so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes i did change my sccm so had to get the vehicle to learn the vin then set the steering angle sensor and code everything for cruise, the only problem i had with the cruise was getting my login code to recode the ABS but once i found it on my data sticker it was straight forward from there i followed the cruise and dis install that is in the DIY sticky and is a good guide for the cruise but doesn't cover the DIS part which i forgot to code a bit but will revisit that tomorrow.

Just had another read of your original post, as you have changed the sccm you will need to get the module to learn the vin then add the correct code for it to add cruise dis if you have it rear wash wipe ect then you will need to recode the ABS module to tell it you have cruise fitted then tell the engine module you have it aswell, like i said it's not too difficult once you understand a little on how the codes work but you will need to know what brakes you have again this will be on your data sticker found on page one on your service book or under your rear seat ( that's where mine is anyway), what model is your car?

2001 a4 b6 1.9tdi with awx engine. The cruise works fine I coded that with code 11463 in the engine setting and ilunder the steering setting I added the relevant number.