Q7 G65 high pressure sensor!!

Telvis

Reaction score
Ok update, after no reply’s on my question last week regarding location of g65 high pressure sensor I can confirm it’s under the plenum chamber on the right side if looking at front of car. Not the easiest thing I’ve took off mostly down to the limited space around the actual sensor itself, a short 17mm spanner done the trick but like I said took a while due to being unable to get much of a turn on the spanner. Great it’s in BUT still its not working . Right check fuses, hand book ain’t worth a rub! Doesn’t even show fuse box under bonnet which is where I find blown 10amp fuse. Thought jackpot it’s gotta be surely? especially when I googled the fuse and yes it’s for g65 sensor but NO... still f all! To be fair the sensor wasn’t a genuine Audi one however it wasn’t a nasty cheap one on eBay for £12. It was a Hella one from eurocar parts for £38. Now my question is have I just been **** unlucky and sensor is faulty and need to buy genuine Audi one or am I missing something else? Do I need to have something reset (codes)?? Any help would be most appreciated, before I set fire to it!

Hi mate, I got exactly same problem, 2006 q7 3.0tdi, showing g65 sensor fault, got proper sensor from tps, but can't find it!
Have looked online, looks to be under LHS (passenger uk) windscreen wiper cover...
I have removed wipers and the plastic cover, but cannot see the sensor. Is it under the fuse box? Do I have to remove fuse box to access it?

Hey guys,
Where the wiring comes through the E box, give the wires a gentle tug and you'll find one of them is green and broken. You may find that there are a couple of 0.5mm wires rotted through and this is what caused the fuse to blow in the first place.
Audi went through a spell of using recycled copper and these have been know to be low quality. Also affects 2011 - 2014 A6s and A7s.
HTH

Hi Guys,
I have to replace the G65 sensor on my 2012 Q7. I believe I need to remove the wipers, take off the plastic cover and it's on the RHS of the engine bay (UK model). Does anyone have any more details? I'm going to give it a bash once it stops raining but would prefer not to be hunting around and removing uncessary components. It looks very tight - not helped with the bonnet lid being in the way?

Ok, an update. I found and replaced the G65 sensor on my 2012 Q7 (UK model). It's located in the red box area shown below.
IMG 0754

Zoomed in here with the cable removed:
IMG 0753

Unfortunately, with a new sensor fitted I'm still getting the same error code:

00819 High Pressure Sensor (G65)

This is after clearing the code and verifying it's cleared in my Carista app (the code returns when I try to turn on the AC).

The carista app doesn't give the same level of diagnostics as a VCDS (Open or short to ground, signal too low). Any suggestions? Is there a BT app that will give that extra level of diagnostics. Could I have a leak and no refridgerant in the system?

I think I may have exhaused my options from home and will need to get it to a garage. My garage of choice is 40 miles away which isn't doable in the current lockdown...

Help anyone?

For anyone that is interested, I needed to regas my AC and now all is good.

Reactions: tr7