G201 - Brake Pressure Sensor fault - FOC FIX

Rhyso

Reaction score
Evening all

Thought I would share my experience about the topic title as when I was searching for a solution I could find very little on here. Apologies for the rather long essay!

A few weeks ago, the traction control light chimed on the dash and could not be cleared via my genuine VCDS lead. The error code in the ABS module related to the brake pressure sensor which is usefully located within the ABS pump itself.

This is a very common problem across the VAG range and in days gone by it would mean a new ABS pump. Recently a repair kit was released but with labour you are looking at a cost of £300-£400 repair.

As I was looking for a (cheap!) solution I ended up speaking to one of the tech's at my local VW garage who informed me that they offer a FOC repair on the issue regardless of age and mileage and he suggested I contact Audi UK. After a quick chat with them I booked into Newport Audi (actually a Seat & Skoda dealer!) as they were the ones who would have a courtesy car available first after a two week wait......

I dropped the car off with them on a Tuesday morning (Skoda Rapid as a courtesy car!!) a couple of weeks back and waited. I had a phone call in the afternoon saying that yes it was the pressure sensor and the repair would cost £383. £200 is labour (labour rate is £125p/h!!). I politely informed them that I would not be paying for the repair seeing as other marques within VAG (VW, Seat and Skoda) repair the issue FOC. The lady on service (very helpful) suggested I contact Audi UK again and explain the situation. So again I did and was given a case number and told that I would have a phone call back within 48 hours.

Wednesday afternoon I had a phone call from Audi UK saying they would pay for the repair IF I would pre-pay £160 and have my car serviced at Newport Audi when it was due (I'd had it serviced 2 weeks prior!). I stood my ground initially and said that's still not the same offer as the other VAG marques. Audi's argument was:
a) didn't buy the car from a dealer (no because a dealer lied to me for 3 weeks and I ended up buying the SAME CAR from an independent garage)
b) I had had one service done by Cardiff Audi

I again pointed out that the other marques were carrying out FOC repairs REGARDLESS of such conditions. After an hour or two I eventually gave in and agreed to pre-pay

Friday morning arrived and I went to collect my car. I arrived, paid for some parts I had ordered, signed the warranty paperwork and got handed my keys. Yes, no one mentioned or reminded me to pay for my next service!! :D

Needless to say I made a hasty exit!

So if anyone is experiencing the G201 code, stand your ground and demand that its fixed FREE OF CHARGE.

I hope this is of use to some people :)

Cheers
Rhys

Reactions: LEE69
Don't think they would of fixed mine foc as its 8 years old, 110000 and a previous right off

Mine cost me £173 for the pump repair kit and some brake fluid which I fitted myself

I done a golf plus to today at work, mad me laugh when my local Tps stock 7 repairs kits lol

Should add that my car is a 57 plate with 87,000 miles on the clock

When speaking to the lady at the dealer she mentioned they had done 8-10 year old Seats.......