G Mail/Other free web based email services

Aldo

Reaction score
Anyone on here use G mail?
Can it be used with Microsoft outlook?
Looking to change my email address as microsoft want to charge you if you want to use hotmail with outlook :mad: , Perhaps maybe post up some other free to use email service clients which support POP3 etc?

Si :)

i use gmail, i love it. it does support pop3 for outlook too.
But i found, when using outlook, etc having 4 pcs at home, I would download all emails to , say my server outlook inbox, then i'd be on my laptop thinking damn i need that email !

So i use it for webmail only. It has great spam filtering too. 2.5gb webspace, and I can pick up emails from anywhere !

I have about 200 invites, so if you want one gimme a shout :)

Olly_K said:
i use gmail, i love it. it does support pop3 for outlook too.
But i found, when using outlook, etc having 4 pcs at home, I would download all emails to , say my server outlook inbox, then i'd be on my laptop thinking damn i need that email !

So i use it for webmail only. It has great spam filtering too. 2.5gb webspace, and I can pick up emails from anywhere !

I have about 200 invites, so if you want one gimme a shout :)

Olly,

There's an option in outlook to keep all emails on the server even if you've downloaded it into outlook. You can also set it to delete them from the server after X days. I have it set so I can check my home email over the web when I'm in the office, but also get it in outlook at home.

Go to the settings for the POP3 account, click the 'More Settings...' button, then the 'advanced' tab in the new windos that should appear.
Check out the 'Delivery' settings at the bottom of the tab.

Apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here :ermm:

Any chance of an invite?

i know this but then I dont know whats new and whats not and I will have duplicate emails.
Gimme your email address via pm and i'll send you an invite

sent dude, gmail is so much better than hotmail.
Yeah audi-sport.net uses gmail, I'm not the only one that has access to it you see, and its great for everyone to see emails in one place.

Not only is Gmail great but so too is Gtalk and GMail drive. I use it all the time to keep in contact with my mates in UK / Oz / Tokyo & Portugal .

ewr.......gmail is web based ?

Cheers Olly, Set up last night, no is the taskof changing to that address!

Si :)

Oh-other thing I were gonna ask iscan you use @gmail.com instead of @google.com?

Si

yep, i do, and it works OK.
I have about 10 other email accounts and I re-direct them so they all point to gmail. With gmail, you can setup the other accounts so if you reply it will reply to the address it was sent to. (if that makes sense ?!?!?)