Fwd rear break upgrade

Kevinb5

Reaction score
after much planning I have finally tackled the rear brakes on my b5,after doing a lot of reading (and thanks to Aragorn) I decided to see if changing my rear hubs to Audi 100 c4 hubs would actually allow me to upgrade to separate discs like most normal cars and then in future possibly increase there size too.

Reactions: matt66604
You can fit S4 fl discs and calipers with a spacer on the carrier. Im using S4 calipers, RS4 carriers with a 6mm spacer and pagid TTRS rear discs. Just need to center bore taken out to 68mm.

The Pheaton/A8 rear disk is the same size as the TTRS one, but already has a 68mm centre. Its a bit shallower though so you'll probably need a thicker spacer.

Hmm, quite a lot shallower infact. Not sure which is the better option.

As soon as they,re mounted up i,ll post some pics. Still need to get the center bore opened up to 68mm or the hub mounting for the disc turned down to 65mm.

I looked at the Pheaton discs and would need a 22mm spacer, S3,s would be 16mm and TTRS 6mm so went with those.

Epic :)

Are those C4 rear disks and the stock A4 caliper/carrier?

Yeah mate,same part number as Passat b5 and skoda supurbs,stock b5 carriers and discs....so not really an upgrade but the potential to upgrade at some point