1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Maintenance work on Tuesday 7th April

Due to some much needed work to the servers we will be going off line for a couple of hours on Tuesday.

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice

Fuzzing/Whining/Crackling from rear speakers

Tom93 Apr 19, 2016

1. Tom93

Tom93 Active Member

So i have an aftermarket headunit, a pioneer something or other. Ive got a vibe amp in the boot and 2 sets of rca's running down the side of the car. Rear speakers are vibe components and the fronts are OE. All run off this one amp. Problem is, with the rear RCA's connected to the amp i get some static noise (i cant tell if its coming from just the rear speakers or the fronts aswell, its one of those noises that seemingly comes from everywhere), if the engines running it gets louder and more crackly, but doesnt change with engine revs just stays the same. Now if i disconnect the rear rca from the amp the noise completely goes. Has anyone got any ideas?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. mrsingh2u

mrsingh2u Member

tried using different rca?

4. Tom93

Tom93 Active Member

I have swapped them around and the problem persists.

5. Erikn89nl

Erikn89nl Well-Known Member

Have you run the speaker cables alongside the power cable to your amp, by any chance? That could be causing interference

6. Tom93

Tom93 Active Member

Nope, power is under the car and rcas are down the side.