Future Formula 1?

QuattroCalum

Reaction score
So in 2017 we have bigger tyres and new aero package to look forward to. That's only the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned, racing is just that, driving as fast as you can for the whole race not leading then doing set lap times to conserve fuel and look after the brakes and chewing gum tyres.
The car is designed to be as light as possible but it's on such a knife edge that they can't use the brakes, the engine, the tyres to there full potential as they just won't last the distance, that's not racing but that's what we're stuck with now.
Gearboxes that fail, hydraulics that lose pressure, brake by wire faults, KERS,you name it there's a million things that can put these cars out of the race, it's far too technical now.
Give them a car with an engine they can thrash for the whole race, a fuel tank that's big enough to complete the race, tyres that go the distance and can take a real ragging, a manual gearbox and we might have a real race on our hands like in the days of Mansell, Senna,Prost etc, we can dream.
First of all get Bernie Eccleston to ****

Reactions: Jake 61 and Sandra
+1 imfinding it hard to stay intrested in f1 these days its so teck that the drivers arent really driving its just instructions formm the teck guys in the pit lane and the fact some teams have a unfair anvantage on others when this happen in the past parts were banned to make it fair.

Reactions: Sandra
Ooh, an F1 thread on ASN...

I have been a religious follower of F1 since the 80's, going to races, watching races, buying the baseball caps, and spending weekends shouting at the tv... until this year. I've finally lost patience with it. I'm bored of drivers 'managing' cars rather than thrashing them like a ginger step-child, and I'm bored with listening to petulant children whinge about how hard done by they are when their cars don't work as promised.

Now I'm watching the European Le-Mans series instead. Never, ever will you hear an engineer telling a driver to save his tyres or some other load of tosh. They are flat out for four hours, in three different classes, and it's ****** riveting...

Reactions: jojo, Sandra and Gazwould
Vettel, the foul mouthed spoiled brat!

Reactions: martin1984
Tyres didn't do too badly today. 55+ laps on one set of mediums and Vettel did 33 on a set of softs that Pirelli said would do 22 max.
William's were 0.2 away from an all time fastest speed of any F1 GP ever, 232mph.
Next year will be interesting. Rosberg tested in Baracelona a few weeks back and was totally gubbed afterwards due the increase in Gs.

There's plenty F1 threads knocking about.

I used to watch F1 religiously but it's a load of nonsense now, much like football, where the dollar has taken over.
Too many prima dona's and bad attitudes about.

Reactions: Sandra and martin1984