Fuse layout help please.

MARTINI

Reaction score
Hi Im new here, I have just got a 02 A4, the reverse light doesn't work so I think its either fuse or bulb problem, my manual is for a LHD I tried to find the fuse for the reverse light but doesnt seemed to have one, does anyone have a picture of the fuse layout? I think its fuse no31?

Oh also am I in the right forum section for the model of my car?

Ta:thumbsup:

Yes the 02 A4 is indeed a B6 chassis.
You have to cross reference the fuse location/number in the manual with the layout on the inside of the fusebox cover, they are not always the same. i.e. fuse 31 maybe in a different location from the manual.

I've checked the fuse, its fine, also checked the bulbs which are all fine, when I select reverse the lights should be constantly on right? mine goes off and on intermittantly and the dash shows theres a rear light error, and the handbrake light comes on and off too, can anyone shed some light on this?

Sounds like an earth fault or a short somewhere, check all the earth terminals around the rear light clusters.

erm...is the earthing bits around the back of the actual clusters? or inside the boot area?:uhm:

its behind the boot trim, big bold screwed to the bodywork, check its not wet or corroded, do the same with the cluster plugs