Funding help requested for my Autistic son

Garth_S3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a member on here for a good few years now and I'm trying to fund raise using every avenue open to me at the moment. Please take a read through my post and help if you can. Many thanks...

For a while we've been concerned about my son's development as he wasn't talking or engaging the way that a normal 3 year old should and recently I got the heart breaking confirmation of my fears when Ben was diagnosed with autism and learning difficulties.
Instead of posting on forums or researching mods, my wife and I have spent most of our time researching the best therapies for autistic children as the NHS offers literally nothing :-(

All of this research points to the fact that the only real option for Ben is ABA (Applied Behavioural Analysis), which is the standard in countries like the USA. Sadly, to get this therapy for Ben, the cost is so far outside of our reach (around £32,000 a year!) that we are starting to try to fund raise to pay for it.

So on to my shameless plug, normally I would never accept charity, but for my son I will gladly put away my pride and ask for help. So if any of you would like to help out, the link to our funding page is below.

Obviously I cannot justify spending money on cars whilst I am saving for Ben's therapy so if anyone wants me to help them out on their cars in exchange for donations, then I'll happily do whatever I can :)

Thank you all for reading this far!

http://gogetfunding.com/aba-for-ben/

Reactions: RS5 JON, hendrix1963, Jake 61 and 3 others
Gareth, I'm going to speak with some of the locals in your area about doing a run and see if we can do something to raise funds for Ben.
To all other members on the forum. Let's all pull together and do something. A small donation from us would soon add up and help make Bens therapy happen. Link in 1st post. Thanks in advance everyone. :) x

Reactions: RS5 JON, hendrix1963, Jake 61 and 1 other person
Thank you so much. It blows me away that there are so many generous people out there who are willing to help a total stranger.

It's really putting things in perspective for me about, how such a selfless act, no matter what size can give others so much hope. I am truly humbled

Reactions: hendrix1963, Jake 61 and Sandra
Good luck , i have donated and i hope you reach your target.

Reactions: hendrix1963 and Sandra
Best of luck with the fundraising. I will gladly make a donation as soon as the paypal server is up and running. regards Neil

Reactions: Jake 61 and Sandra
Donated. Im sure there will be plenty more from the forum member for such a worthy cause. . Look forward to doing things to get you more funding. :) x

Reactions: hendrix1963
Another donation, such a worthwhile cause, hope it helps toward your target.
JG

I've made a small contribution but I hope it helps. All the best.

Reactions: hendrix1963
Hi Gareth, I have added a link to my signature that links to your fundraising page for Ben.
Hope you don't mind and maybe others can do this also.

Hi guys, thank you for the donations :)

Ghost, that's awesome, thank you

Reactions: RS5 JON and Sandra
Hi Gareth,
Its great what you are doing ! We have been on the journey for about 5 years and its certainly very challenging and rewarding at the same time.
need any advise please DM. Also If you on Twitter will also retweet .
Rgs
https://twitter.com/AutismMeetup

Reactions: Ghost
Thank you. I'll drop you a pm. I've not used twitter before (I'm sure my 15 year old step son thinks I'm an old man!) but I had a look at that link and it looks good.

I've added a little something. All the best for you Gareth,

Matt at slim detailing is going to donate a car care pack for the raffle. @Garth_S3 @ShaunS3

Reactions: ShaunS3