Functions On Demand

RSt3ve

Reaction score
This might not be applicable for people with higher specs but I stumbled across this post in the a3/s3 section about Functions On Demand having nearly fell out with Audi Digital Services this week.

In short, they still say in the UK FOD is coming soon, but there's a hack...
8Y A3/S3 Post
I've got 3 trials sat in myAudi now ready to be installed tomorrow.

Reactions: HulkRS3
This might not be applicable for people with higher specs but I stumbled across this post in the a3/s3 section about Functions On Demand having nearly fell out with Audi Digital Services this week.

In short, they still say in the UK FOD is coming soon, but there's a hack...
8Y A3/S3 Post
I've got 3 trials sat in myAudi now ready to be installed tomorrow.
Let us know how you get on. If it all works I’ll be getting ACC.

Ha ha,I read the 8Y A3 Forum too and thought, oooh that is handy. Maybe ACC will be a reality as well...Cool!

Yes, @RSt3ve please keep us informed.

Mission accomplished...
20220218 075821
20220218 075835
20220218 075846
20220218 075917
20220218 075922
20220218 075905

If anyone has any questions fire away. The main hurdle is the billing address in the shop as I went with Germany as my region. However, as the thread says, use the ZIP Code for the British Embassy in Berlin with the remainder of your full address.
I've not physically tested ACC but Highbeam and Signs are working and the graduation markings are there for ACC so I'll go so far as saying it works.

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
Fantastic...maybe Audi UK will get their act together and we will have functionality from them in forthcoming months.

It looks good and it is certainly good to get the addition functionality (which should be standard but that is another story).

Can I enquire about which cost option you went for, as the lifetime option seemed to be quite pricey from what I read on the 8Y A3 thread. (haha Just looked at pic again...so 1 month trial?)

Did you consider the Audi ireland option (so it was in English language) or did you feel Germany was best idea for full range.

Fantastic...maybe Audi UK will get their act together and we will have functionality from them in forthcoming months.

It looks good and it is certainly good to get the addition functionality (which should be standard but that is another story).

Can I enquire about which cost option you went for, as the lifetime option seemed to be quite pricey from what I read on the 8Y A3 thread. (haha Just looked at pic again...so 1 month trial?)

Did you consider the Audi ireland option (so it was in English language) or did you feel Germany was best idea for full range.
I went with Germany as it felt like I was more connected to the mothership that way plus I read the cost was higher for Ireland. Without being synical I would suggest that UK pricing will be higher still.
It's also good to see in that thread that Customer Services stated that region did not matter.
I'm sure Audi UK will get their act together soon, good to see we're bottom of the pile as ever though, probably still developing the pricing plan uplift.

Reactions: AndyVWR
Maybe my blonde question for today, but what added features and functionality does this provide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe my blonde question for today, but what added features and functionality does this provide?

I think it depends on hardware installed but for a base spec car such as mine, currently there are 3 option upgrades:
High Beam Assist
Traffic Sign Recognition
Adaptive Cruise Control
I'm not sure what other features may become available, if any, but based on the hardware installed on mine I can't see any more options that could be enabled without retrofitting parts.
Maybe they could be kind and enable the matrix style light 'dance' on lock/unlock although that now appears to be available on ODB11.

The only thing I forgot to add around this was that I think I'll go for 3years/lifetime on the highbeam as its relatively cheap, traffic signs I'm on the fence about but will definitely come in handy for trips in Europe, ACC I'm not sure, it's a good chunk for lifetime so maybe a year at a time to protect against changes in circumstances etc.

Adaptive Cruise is:- 1 month = 16 euros, 6 months = 80 euros, 1 year = 154 euros, 3 years = 416 euros or unlimited = 801 euros
Camera Based Traffic Sign recognition is:- 1 month = 7 euro, 6 months = 35 euros, 1 year = 67 euros, 3 years = 180 euros, unlimited = 345 euros

@RSt3ve Thanks for letting me know, I was just curious as what you might have picked as it is a bit of a conundrum. I am only really interested in ACC and looking again at the costs above, think I might be tempted with 1 year at a time (although no guarantee that cost won't increase each year, if you end up buying multiple) but seems more sensible when you (or I) don't know what could be happening in a few years.

All - The post above is lifted from 8Y A3 thread on "ACC is it possible" these are the prices on Audi German FOD site to activate a couple of the features. @RSt3ve has shown us the way and already upgraded to blaze a trail.

And yes before anyone asks, I am not delighted to have to pay yet more money to Audi...but at least ACC is possible (sorry, but I do find it a great feature on my Golf).

I am pretty non-plussed over HBA and traffic sign recognition but it was ACC that was big one for me.

Reactions: RSt3ve
A week or two on and I can confirm all systems work as intended. In particular the ACC is really good, very smooth, almost like there's an element of float built in to avoid over reactions to the target vehicle.
Still scary when you approach stationary vehicles with it on, foot is well and truely hovering over the brake pedal.

Reactions: Daggerit
A week or two on and I can confirm all systems work as intended. In particular the ACC is really good, very smooth, almost like there's an element of float built in to avoid over reactions to the target vehicle.
Still scary when you approach stationary vehicles with it on, foot is well and truely hovering over the brake pedal.
I tried just about everything to tie it in knotts in my Golf R, (obviously when safe to do so) changing lanes at the last moment to go behind much slower cars, pulling straight out behind a faster overtaking car on a dual carraigeway (it just sits there until the distance set is correct)

The ONLY thing I found to be aware of is it will accelerate up a slip road when you turn off in slow moving traffic and if say your in slow moving traffic with it set to a higher speed and change lanes 'slowly' it would pick up the gap in between the cars and start accelerating

ACC was a 'must have' for me, so handy when youve been out for the day and a low Sun is either disguising brake lights in front of you or straight in your eye's or really bad spray conditions etc

Good to hear that it brakes for stationary vehicles. That's one failing of the ACC I had in the S4 in that if you came up behind stationary traffic at 30mph or something it wouldn't react until it had to do an emergency stop which wasn't ideal. Once stopped behind the traffic it would pull off and follow fine though, which I always thought was a bit odd.

Sadly it doesn’t work in my RS3. I changed my region and I don’t have any functions available on the app.

Activated ACC this afternoon.

Reactions: RSt3ve and AndyVWR
Activated ACC this afternoon.

I really like ACC, the Golf was slightly better in that you could alter it's response from comfort/Normal/Race, weird words for cruise but everything was labelled the same.

The Audi one is a generation later and is generally smoother than the Golf which in turn was smoother than the previous Golf I had before it

I went looking for the rear wiper control today as I dont like the way it auto sweeps when reverse is selected, couldnt find it though, I suspect it's in Cent Elecs which is SFD protected

I really like ACC, the Golf was slightly better in that you could alter it's response from comfort/Normal/Race, weird words for cruise but everything was labelled the same.

The Audi one is a generation later and is generally smoother than the Golf which in turn was smoother than the previous Golf I had before it

I went looking for the rear wiper control today as I dont like the way it auto sweeps when reverse is selected, couldnt find it though, I suspect it's in Cent Elecs which is SFD protected

I opened the protected modules with OBD11 then I have 90 mins to go in with VCDS.

When I tried it originally, the ACC function never showed even though I had my region set to Germany, however just tried it again and it was there so paid for the 1 month test and all went through. Can you set your region back to UK now on the app and do you just go out and start the car and it starts installing?

I wonder how far this FOD will eventually go?

I wonder how far this FOD will eventually go?

It only seems as though they’ve implemented it on key modules now, at the moment in those there’s not a great deal worth changing from what I’ve looked through.

I’m going to connect with Odis S at some point and see how that reacts to SFD.

One thing I’ve noticed is opening SFD leaves an error behind.

Reactions: Mike.46
When I tried it originally, the ACC function never showed even though I had my region set to Germany, however just tried it again and it was there so paid for the 1 month test and all went through. Can you set your region back to UK now on the app and do you just go out and start the car and it starts installing?
Yes, afterwards I reverted back to UK. Only thing is it doesn't show your purchases in the UK app, but they're still there.
Come on Audi, sort the UK app out (tick a box on your computer), it's laughable.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Im unable to access the app as I have no Vin number.
Could someone advise the cost of each option for lifetime ?
Thanks

Adaptive cruise is around €1000 for lifetime which is bonkers.
1eaa475617f533a6124120bc685d685a.jpg

What a bunch of cheeky tw@ts these manufacturers are.

Subscription high-beam assist!? What's next subscription brakes?

Slightly confused… doesn’t the RS3 have all this stuff already? Unless you have the standard car…

Slightly confused… doesn’t the RS3 have all this stuff already? Unless you have the standard car…
Ive ordered a standard car, wasnt interested in the Vors as too many toys I didnt want the carbon, thought about but having had so many black styling packs on cars in the last 12 years I thought a bit of silver would make a nice change..... and judging by the order thread a standard car has rarity value LOL
Didnt order the driver assistance pack though because well im sorry but im the guy that wants a flat bottom wheel!!!
I knew options that we wanted could be switched on at a latter date when we ordered, the only gamble was which CC stalk the car comes with for the ACC

Reactions: Spinstorm
What a bunch of cheeky tw@ts these manufacturers are.

Subscription high-beam assist!? What's next subscription brakes?
TBH I don't see a down side with this? I agree HBA should be a standard fit option on the RS3, but as it isn't at least the option is there for a later purchase or for future 2nd hand buyers down the line.
I remember reading an article about 3 years ago regarding Mercedes planning the route, nice little future earners for the OEM's, very clever really

Well no Function on Demand for me yet. Keep getting Data update failed. Could not update vehicle data: Server Error

Tried out of the car, in the car, engine off , engine on. Will keep trying or am I flogging a dead Audi App?

PS Yes I think 1000Euro for lifetime Adaptive Cruise is rather steep (I am being polite).

Well no Function on Demand for me yet. Keep getting Data update failed. Could not update vehicle data: Server Error

Tried out of the car, in the car, engine off , engine on. Will keep trying or am I flogging a dead Audi App?

PS Yes I think 1000Euro for lifetime Adaptive Cruise is rather steep (I am being polite).
Is this something your trying via the OBD port? If so, Bonnet needs to be opened for it to work.

You doing it on the app ?

Yes
You doing it on the app ?

Yes, I am doing it via the App....or trying. At this stage I am just trying to get App to function correctly.

I entered my details, got the App most set up and I am the Key User (I had an email to tell me that) and the car tells me I am set up as well.

The Vehicle part of app gives me that error message. So trying to get it all work properly before doing the change region trick to get ACC and then upload to car. Basically didn't want to start messing around until I can see the App was working normally with my car and Audi UK

Reactions: 8YARWY
Yes

Yes, I am doing it via the App....or trying. At this stage I am just trying to get App to function correctly.

I entered my details, got the App most set up and I am the Key User (I had an email to tell me that) and the car tells me I am set up as well.

The Vehicle part of app gives me that error message. So trying to get it all work properly before doing the change region trick to get ACC and then upload to car. Basically didn't want to start messing around until I can see the App was working normally with my car and Audi UK

Yeah that pairing of the vehicle to the App seems the worst part.

Took me a few attempts of installing then uninstalling the vehicle into the app before it would log in properly at the car.

Reactions: AndyVWR
my online account took around 3 weeks from taking collection, to show any FOD options, this morning I decided to purchase 3y traffic sign recog, 180Euro, I don't use cruise let alone adaptive cruise.

I have to say I am very impressed with the active lane assist - or adaptive cruise assist as Audi have renamed it - it seems to actively steer around bollards and things in the road and stay between lines better than every other car I have driven (And bear in mind thanks to my YouTube channel I have driven lots of cars).

Obviously it is not perfect but it works very, very well.

my online account took around 3 weeks from taking collection, to show any FOD options, this morning I decided to purchase 3y traffic sign recog, 180Euro, I don't use cruise let alone adaptive cruise.
Not sure, if this has been mentioned, on myAudi app for a Vorsprung, FOD option is still showing null after 6 weeks or so. Could another Vorsprung owner, pls check and advise.
IMG 41B1DC3F2C70 1

Not sure, if this has been mentioned, on myAudi app for a Vorsprung, FOD option is still showing null after 6 weeks or so. Could another Vorsprung owner, pls check and advise.
View attachment 253775

The only time it shows anything available is when you switch to Ireland etc.

Reactions: RS03???