Functions on demand.

Jabba46

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the functions on demand will actually have items in the “shop” and want Audi will be offering?

Reactions: SillyGoose and Harny86
Not sure on the when, but it will be different elements such as the traffic sign recognition, most of the cars come with the tech already fitted and this will basically unlock it for use.

Excited to see what they do, but I also think this might be a reason they stripped back certain features (with one eye on charging us for a future on demand function)

Reactions: Jcbmally, Moots, Jabba46 and 1 other person
Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything further on when this will be available? The dealer said it took 6 months for the e-tron to have it enabled but its been more than 6 months for the A3 and still not available that I’m aware of, would imagine that when they do enable it for A3 then S3 would also have it available

If you log into myAudi via google chrome, under all functions there’s a list.

Apparently coming in September, based on what Audi Uk emailed me earlier today.

Anyone know if Function on Demand works yet, the App still says not available although if I change region on the app to Germany it shows functions available.

Well A6 owners have been waiting over 2 years, so I would hold my breath.

In the myaAudi app it seems to contradict itself has it has:
Individual upgrades
Functions on Demand
Order personal optional equipment for your vehicle at any time.
Not available at the moment.

But if you go to your personal details
Version information
myAudi 4.6
Individual upgrades
Find out about upgrades for your Audi from Audi Genuine Accessories.
From now on, products relevant to your vehicle will be displayed,
e.g. the Audi High beam assistant, Audi smartphone interface, or activation of
folding mirrors.
Take advantage of the opportunity and arrange an appointment to activate the upgrade at your Audi dealer in the myAudi app.

Last edited:
FOD is available for UK owners.
Have a read of this thread :-

FOD is available for UK owners.
Have a read of this thread :-

I dont have FOD, never heard anyone in the uk who has

After a frustrating experience with Audi Digital Services (who told me everything from 'you already have FOD installed' to 'FOD is not available for your vehicle' I have luckily stumbled across this post and cheated the system.
High Beam, Adaptive Cruise and Traffic Sign Recognition now purchased on trial and ready to be downloaded on the car tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing this info, I'll link it into the 8Y RS3 section as I'm sure there will be others looking to do this ahead of the official UK launch 'coming soon....'

Reactions: Brian Leslie and Maddave
After a frustrating experience with Audi Digital Services (who told me everything from 'you already have FOD installed' to 'FOD is not available for your vehicle' I have luckily stumbled across this post and cheated the system.
High Beam, Adaptive Cruise and Traffic Sign Recognition now purchased on trial and ready to be downloaded on the car tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing this info, I'll link it into the 8Y RS3 section as I'm sure there will be others looking to do this ahead of the official UK launch 'coming soon....'
As shared on the RS3 section, this has worked!
20220218 075905
20220218 075917
20220218 075922

Thanks for pioneering this and fighting the system! Audi Digital Services are still trying to tell me this morning that my car is not compatible! I've not corrected them yet :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Brian Leslie
That's excellent

It's so hard dealing with Digital Services - Mine won't come up on FOD in German Version so currently dealing with them - I should have Traffic Sign available as standard spec says prepped for it - They say it's in the vehicle version but not installed on mine

I keep trying to tell them that all A3's have the facility because of the Lane Assist camera but I don't have it because I didn't spec driver assistance pack - It's like pulling teeth trying to get them to understand this - I've never had the Remote Locking option and they say it wasn't ordered from the factory!!

They now think that something might need enabling at dealer end but dealer says they don't have control over FOD

Who knows - If I ever get it working with their help I'll let people know

Glad some people have it working though
View attachment 249983View attachment 249985View attachment 249986
Thanks for pioneering this and fighting the system! Audi Digital Services are still trying to tell me this morning that my car is not compatible! I've not corrected them yet :tearsofjoy:

So, as a matter of pure interest, traffic sign recognition. Does it recognise just standard reflective signs or the LED ones too? I would imagine it would struggle to sense the LED signs because of the narrow beam angle and flickering nature of LEDs.

So, as a matter of pure interest, traffic sign recognition. Does it recognise just standard reflective signs or the LED ones too? I would imagine it would struggle to sense the LED signs because of the narrow beam angle and flickering nature of LEDs.
Not sure - On my works pool car Seat Leon it just displays the limit in the bottom right hand corner - You can have it in the middle of the dash as well

It's just that Audi have taken road speed limits off the Sat Nav but the manual says it should show on the maps if you don't have traffic sign recognition - Penny pinching once again and of course digital services show all cars have Traffic Sign because of the Lane Assist camera being the same one

If it's anything like my wife's micra it'll get variable speed limit info from sat nav data (motorways), hers changes ahead of the next overhead gantry.
I would test, but Eunice is in town. The only thing I can confirm is that is does pull sat nav data, as sat on my drive this morning it read 30 without seeing a sign.

Yes it does recognise the LED signs such as those on a gantry, but I believe it only recognises the coloured more modern signs, I haven’t driven past one of the old style orange LED signs to see if it recognises it yet.

Reactions: RSt3ve
All I get is “Digital Services - Audi Digital Twin - Premium Steckbrief”

Anyone with an S3 had any luck for other options?

All I get is “Digital Services - Audi Digital Twin - Premium Steckbrief”

Anyone with an S3 had any luck for other options?
This is all I get as well, running software version 3620. Gutting!

Reactions: bfevo
View attachment 249983View attachment 249985View attachment 249986
Hi RSt3ve ... Can you clear up one detail for me - I went to myaudi and changed my location to Germany then logged in - it still recognised my car (2021 S3) and everything, great I thought. I navigated all the way through the FOD shop and selected the function I was after (speed sign recognition) ... still great. But then when checking out my basket it forces you to enter your billing address on a page that doesn't allow you to select the UK (doesn't appear on drop-down list). Every country in the EU is listed, but not UK (Thanks, Brexit!). Anyway, unless I can enter a valid EU billing address, it won't let me proceed with the purchase. How did you get around the billing address issue? Thanks in advance

Hi RSt3ve ... Can you clear up one detail for me - I went to myaudi and changed my location to Germany then logged in - it still recognised my car (2021 S3) and everything, great I thought. I navigated all the way through the FOD shop and selected the function I was after (speed sign recognition) ... still great. But then when checking out my basket it forces you to enter your billing address on a page that doesn't allow you to select the UK (doesn't appear on drop-down list). Every country in the EU is listed, but not UK (Thanks, Brexit!). Anyway, unless I can enter a valid EU billing address, it won't let me proceed with the purchase. How did you get around the billing address issue? Thanks in advance
Post in thread 'Adaptive Cruise Control - Is It Possible?'
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/adaptive-cruise-control-is-it-possible.430602/post-3736416

Hi Thomas - Thanks for that but before I read it I'd already thought sod it - I'll enter the address for my aunt who lives in Europe. I did that and then used PayPal to pay (I figured PP might be better as it's one step removed from the bank) ... and crossed my fingers. It all went through ok and is downloading now. So, a similar result to what you recommended. One thing I did do though was used the Ireland region to log into instead of the German one - at least that way everything's in English all the time instead of relying on the translator. I will update further once I'm 100% sure everything's working as it should. Thanks again!!!

Hi Thomas - Thanks for that but before I read it I'd already thought sod it - I'll enter the address for my aunt who lives in Europe. I did that and then used PayPal to pay (I figured PP might be better as it's one step removed from the bank) ... and crossed my fingers. It all went through ok and is downloading now. So, a similar result to what you recommended. One thing I did do though was used the Ireland region to log into instead of the German one - at least that way everything's in English all the time instead of relying on the translator. I will update further once I'm 100% sure everything's working as it should. Thanks again!!!
No problem!

I would suggest that if you do opt to purchase the function on a longer term (I assume you have purchased the €1 trial), that you order it from the Germany site as the Ireland site is significantly more expensive!

Reactions: Indycat
Sorry for the slow reply.
I put the first three lines of my address in and then used the British Embassy in Germany as the postcode which is found on Google.

Reactions: Indycat
No problem!

I would suggest that if you do opt to purchase the function on a longer term (I assume you have purchased the €1 trial), that you order it from the Germany site as the Ireland site is significantly more expensive!
Yes - The Irish site is more expensive, but for the option I chose (speed limit display for 6 months) it only amounted to €2 difference. I chose the 6 month option this first time as I figured I could afford to lose the €40 if the transaction went tits up but that if it worked, at least I'd have 6 months of use (just in case they block this route in the near term). Anyway, I hope they don't cotton on to it, or better still, open up the UK to FOD sooner rather than later. BTW - my option is loaded and working! And thanks again.

Reactions: Brian Leslie
Sorry for the slow reply.
I put the first three lines of my address in and then used the British Embassy in Germany as the postcode which is found on Google.
No problem, and thank you, RSt3ve ... you may see from Thomas' reply that I got there in the end ... result!

Reactions: RSt3ve
This is all I get as well, running software version 3620. Gutting!
For you and Moots and anyone else whose in the same situation - This is what mine was showing as well and I tentatively asked Digital Services about the FOD and they said that my car was missing a particular update.

I have to say I wasn't convinced and neither was the Mastertech at my dealer but he said it needs the SOS update (mine has the reversing camera) which he would do and contact digital services for me to ask about this.

Well the SOS update also has an MMI update in it and it resets the car back to factory settings so you need to reconnect - His advice which he got from Germany Digital was to delete the APP, go onto a PC and login to Myaudi as normal - change your password logout and then log back in and then redownload the APP go and connect your car with your new password (you might need the 10 digit code as well that came with the car) - once it's all connected correctly, go back to your PC and logout and then login to the German site and sure enough Traffic Sign Recognition was available (the only thing for me which I expected) - I purchased the 1 month trial for one euro and when I turned the ignition on it downloaded and works fine - Everytime I turn the ignition on it says Traffic Sign error but then goes off immediately but works fine - I think it's just a delay in the camera starting or the MMI

I like it - £290 for permanent which I will probably go for although I might see if I can get customer services to contribute towards this bearing in mind we never got the speed limits on the Sat Nav screen like the manual says if you haven't got the camera system (This was never going to happen with all A3's having Lane Assist cameras which is what TSR uses anyway plus my car was prepped for FOD apparently according to standard spec), and I have had to do all the running about as well - I can only assume that FOD doesn't work in the UK (mine still shows nothing available or purchased) now that we're out of Europe but who knows with Audi these days.

Anyway I hope that helps people especially as it appears that the SOS update may be the missing link for some even if you have to log into another country - German site was fine using google translate and I did what someone else had suggested which is first lines of your address are ok but google the British Embassy in Berlin and use their Zipcode and it will work fine.

Reactions: Moots and RSt3ve
For you and Moots and anyone else whose in the same situation - This is what mine was showing as well and I tentatively asked Digital Services about the FOD and they said that my car was missing a particular update.

I have to say I wasn't convinced and neither was the Mastertech at my dealer but he said it needs the SOS update (mine has the reversing camera) which he would do and contact digital services for me to ask about this.

Well the SOS update also has an MMI update in it and it resets the car back to factory settings so you need to reconnect - His advice which he got from Germany Digital was to delete the APP, go onto a PC and login to Myaudi as normal - change your password logout and then log back in and then redownload the APP go and connect your car with your new password (you might need the 10 digit code as well that came with the car) - once it's all connected correctly, go back to your PC and logout and then login to the German site and sure enough Traffic Sign Recognition was available (the only thing for me which I expected) - I purchased the 1 month trial for one euro and when I turned the ignition on it downloaded and works fine - Everytime I turn the ignition on it says Traffic Sign error but then goes off immediately but works fine - I think it's just a delay in the camera starting or the MMI

I like it - £290 for permanent which I will probably go for although I might see if I can get customer services to contribute towards this bearing in mind we never got the speed limits on the Sat Nav screen like the manual says if you haven't got the camera system (This was never going to happen with all A3's having Lane Assist cameras which is what TSR uses anyway plus my car was prepped for FOD apparently according to standard spec), and I have had to do all the running about as well - I can only assume that FOD doesn't work in the UK (mine still shows nothing available or purchased) now that we're out of Europe but who knows with Audi these days.

Anyway I hope that helps people especially as it appears that the SOS update may be the missing link for some even if you have to log into another country - German site was fine using google translate and I did what someone else had suggested which is first lines of your address are ok but google the British Embassy in Berlin and use their Zipcode and it will work fine.

Thanks! out of interest is your car an S3 and what trim is it? The only reason I ask is that York audi have now said they think traffic sign recognition might only be available on Vorsprung models, I think they’re talking ********, but would be good to confirm.
Also are you able to advise what version of software you’re on? Not sure if the SOS fix increases software versions, there’s an audi dealership not too far away so might book it in for a update If there are any available.

Thanks! out of interest is your car an S3 and what trim is it? The only reason I ask is that York audi have now said they think traffic sign recognition might only be available on Vorsprung models, I think they’re talking ********, but would be good to confirm.
Also are you able to advise what version of software you’re on? Not sure if the SOS fix increases software versions, there’s an audi dealership not too far away so might book it in for a update If there are any available.
Hi mine is an S3 Standard model - November 2020

Vorsprung gets it as standard and standard models only if you order the Driver Assistance Pack which I didn't at £1800!!

Mine was prepped for FOD apparently and it has worked albeit having to go round the houses - The update was done Friday and I got it working Saturday morning

My version if I remember right is 3620

Reactions: Moots
Hi mine is an S3 Standard model - November 2020

Vorsprung gets it as standard and standard models only if you order the Driver Assistance Pack which I didn't at £1800!!

Mine was prepped for FOD apparently and it has worked albeit having to go round the houses - The update was done Friday and I got it working Saturday morning

My version if I remember right is 3620
Awesome thanks mate, pretty much identical to mine then. I received mine early December I think.

I'm on 3049, so a fair few versions behind. Booked in this Friday to have it updated, see what happens then....

Reactions: STmichael
I'm on 3049, so a fair few versions behind. Booked in this Friday to have it updated, see what happens then....
Have you not had the previous updates done yet then before this SOS update plus the sealing of the Plenhum Chamber - Mine were done in October at first service

No i've had no service notifications until the oil check light came on. I've only done ~7500 miles so far though, so don't thin I've hit the first service trigger. looking at the service section on my car it's suggesting its either 100k miles or Early December which would be 2 years since I took delivery.

Thankfully the only real issue I've had were missing Speed limit which wasn't going to be resolved with an update (unless that enabled FOD) and the flashing screen on carplay, which is annoying but minor.
Have you not had the previous updates done yet then before this SOS update plus the sealing of the Plenhum Chamber - Mine were done in October at first servicervice

No i've had no service notifications until the oil check light came on. I've only done ~7500 miles so far though, so don't thin I've hit the first service trigger. looking at the service section on my car it's suggesting its either 100k miles or Early December which would be 2 years since I took delivery.

Thankfully the only real issue I've had were missing Speed limit which wasn't going to be resolved with an update (unless that enabled FOD) and the flashing screen on carplay, which is annoying but minor.
I've only done 5400 miles but had it's first service as fixed and on a service plan anyway - The first updates fixed the flickering carplay actually

I've only done 5400 miles but had it's first service as fixed and on a service plan anyway - The first updates fixed the flickering carplay actually
I was told that they don't do service plans for S3's otherwise I'd have bought one with the car

Another one to add to the "reasons not to use York Audi" list ***.

So flickering Carplay has been fixed, reversing camera image also looks a lot better now.

But still on 3049, and they’re saying that there’s no other updates available for my car. I’ll sort that out with them when they ring me back on Monday to discuss how they damaged my steering wheel.

In the mean time I might delete the app and try the steps above.