Functions on demand.

Not happening for me (2022 A4 B9.5). Nothing available in Ireland and only Digital services in Germany:notworking:

Based in the UK I managed to obtain one month trials of speed signs and auto-headlights from Ireland. Now I wish to extend / purchase an extended option but there appears to be no option to do that. I am hoping that once the trials have expired that option will once again be available.
Yeah that's right, when the function expires, they're available again in the store. I had an email to say the feature was expiring. Logged into the store and you can re-purchase

Reactions: Encode_GR
I have contacted Audi digital services and my local dealer in Hereford and both have said that my car can't be updated to have camera based traffic sign recognition. Nothing shows in MyAudi app (UK, Ireland or Germany)
Can anyone give a definitive list of the hardware options needed?
I have an A4 B9.5 on software version 3691

I just found that Functions on Demand is now available in the MyAudi App. I am in the UK, and until recently this wasn’t available.

I just found that Functions on Demand is now available in the MyAudi App. I am in the UK, and until recently this wasn’t available.
Yes I’ve just seen this. Only for enabling extension of Audi Connect services when it runs out at the moment though.

Can now add camera traffic sign on the UK app
F2848ACF 6434 4088 8878 B13BE5FBF2AB

Reactions: Maddave
I got high beam assist as an option with the car so that’s probably why I don’t have it.
Looking at prices though for the speed limit option they want £375 for unlimited. I think I will stick with Waze

Yeah I can only see the traffic sign one too - have trialled it for a quid. Why not.

Does anyone know when the functions on demand will actually have items in the “shop” and want Audi will be offering?
I have just been offered High Beam Assist at £75 for 3yrs £100 4yrs £135 for life. AND " Camera Based Traffic Sign Recognition", £195 3yrs £265 4yrs. Has anyone tried OBD11 or Carista Upgrade?

Just put a test month of traffic sign and adaptive cruise on my S3. Both went on as soon as the car started! Quite surprised how easy it was and the fact it actually worked!

Just put a test month of traffic sign and adaptive cruise on my S3. Both went on as soon as the car started! Quite surprised how easy it was and the fact it actually worked!
I’m not sure if you noticed with the traffic sign recognition. But as soon as it’s enabled it displays the speed of the last sign it’s seen. Even having never been previously enabled.

I guess it’s always been working in the “background”. Then we pay to display it

I’m not sure if you noticed with the traffic sign recognition. But as soon as it’s enabled it displays the speed of the last sign it’s seen. Even having never been previously enabled.

I agree. I have the 35tfsi MHEV and the regen braking takes you right down to exactly 30 when entering a 30 zone without the traffic sign recognition activated.

I m not sure if that is true for all cars.
In myaudi app for my 30tfsi, it sais the car is not equipped with traffic signs camera.
Will have to check though to be sure

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Not sure how it works, but there is one road near me that it always changes to 30 mph even though it is a 60! every single time so i do think you are right in that its always there, but i think that it must be part of the maps as well
Who knows its useful and was a great help abroad too.

I've just added traffic sign recognition recognition to mine via FOD. I purchased from the Polish site which I found was cheapest after looking at a few countries. I used a the app, just changing the 'home' country (globe in the top l/h corner). Came in at just over £100 for two years, so a £45 saving over the UK site. I don't speak a word of Polish but the layout is the same so knew what to click on. Paid via PayPal with no issues and was showing in the car when to next got in. I used a VPN app but didn't change the location from Portugal which was the first country I tried.

• Haha
Reactions: twistytwist, Byron Jones and Dimitris1911
I've just added traffic sign recognition recognition to mine via FOD. I purchased from the Polish site which I found was cheapest after looking at a few countries. I used a the app, just changing the 'home' country (globe in the top l/h corner). Came in at just over £100 for two years, so a £45 saving over the UK site. I don't speak a word of Polish but the layout is the same so knew what to click on. Paid via PayPal with no issues and was showing in the car when to next got in. I used a VPN app but didn't change the location from Portugal which was the first country I tried.
Can't find that globe on my app, just to see what's available

Στάλθηκε από το moto g82 5G μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Can't find that globe on my app, just to see what's available

You need to log out. The globe should be there on the log in page.

Reactions: gboole
I tried logging in from my pc and it worked
I only looked at what Germany offers. Are there different options and prices for each country?

I tried logging in from my pc and it worked
I only looked at what Germany offers. Are there different options and prices for each country?

From my experience and the countries I have checked so far, the German region has all the available options and it's the cheapest if you want to buy any of the options permanently. If you want though a subscription instead of a permanent purchase, the Polish region is the cheapest one.

From my experience and the countries I have checked so far, the German region has all the available options and it's the cheapest if you want to buy any of the options permanently. If you want though a subscription instead of a permanent purchase, the Polish region is the cheapest one.
Hi, I'm from Spain, how can I buy in Polish or in Germany? Thank you.

Try Italy and Luxemburgh these at the time were the cheapest but for different items and time periods.
Not a single coutry i checked, were cheapest for everything and all time lengths.

It's the first time I've seen FOD for my country.
I have only 2 available for my car (headlight assist and navigation).
Trials cost 1,04 euros

I just tried the 1 month trial for the Navigation and Virtual Cockpit extra functions. It looks great and so but what will happen after one month have been past? Will the functions just go away or do I have to cancel something? I can't find the answer anywhere. It sure looks god but I don't think its worth $60 a month when I already have carplay.

I just tried the 1 month trial for the Navigation and Virtual Cockpit extra functions. It looks great and so but what will happen after one month have been past? Will the functions just go away or do I have to cancel something? I can't find the answer anywhere. It sure looks god but I don't think its worth $60 a month when I already have carplay.
On my previous 8y I tried the one month trial of traffic sign recognition and after the month it just switched off.
I got a email reminder a few days before it ended saying to renew if I wanted it to continue.

Reactions: bollan98
Considering getting ACC, I just want to check that I can't activate it with OBD11 first (I'm sure Audi will have locked that option right down, but worth a try). I went through all of the regions as above. As previously reported, Germany still seems cheapest to buy a permanent license, Poland seems cheapest for periodic subscription.

Still seems a lot of money considering the hardware is already there.

When i purchased ACC, Italy was the cheapest almost half the cost of Germany for lifetime and for everything else Luxemburg was the cheapest, a few depended on the length of time you purchased for but were close to Germany.
I tried the ACC out and found it good on consistently flowing roads, but a pain on roads with lots of slow downs below 50 mph typically the A1 and dual carriageways. I do have a manual transmission though so i guess it wont be too bad in an Auto, also it would start to slow down and i wouldn't notice and ended up driving at a slower speed than intended for a while, just takes a bit of getting use to i suppose.
The Headlight assist is brilliant but sometimes turns off if very damp (not rain) but just needs switching back on.
The Speed sign is also brilliant to have, the amount of times i weren't sure of the speed limit 99% of the time its been correct, sometimes just lately it seems it is slow to pick up the speed limit on the overhead gantry's on the M1 etc. but only when the speed increases, its fine seeing a decrease in speed just not the increase?? perhaps just a glitch never did this last year?

When i purchased ACC, Italy was the cheapest almost half the cost of Germany for lifetime and for everything else Luxemburg was the cheapest, a few depended on the length of time you purchased for but were close to Germany.
I tried the ACC out and found it good on consistently flowing roads, but a pain on roads with lots of slow downs below 50 mph typically the A1 and dual carriageways. I do have a manual transmission though so i guess it wont be too bad in an Auto, also it would start to slow down and i wouldn't notice and ended up driving at a slower speed than intended for a while, just takes a bit of getting use to i suppose.
The Headlight assist is brilliant but sometimes turns off if very damp (not rain) but just needs switching back on.
The Speed sign is also brilliant to have, the amount of times i weren't sure of the speed limit 99% of the time its been correct, sometimes just lately it seems it is slow to pick up the speed limit on the overhead gantry's on the M1 etc. but only when the speed increases, its fine seeing a decrease in speed just not the increase?? perhaps just a glitch never did this last year?
ACC works in conjunction with the predictive efficiency assistant, the navigation system and the TSR system (where activated) and the preselected speed then adapts to the road conditions by itself, e.g. the topography of the route, speed limits and the traffic ahead.

The system recognises curves, roundabouts, road junctions, gradients, city limits and speed limit signs often long before the driver sees them and will adjust the speed accordingly.

Predictive function can be turned off in one of the driver assistance menus

ACC works in conjunction with the predictive efficiency assistant, the navigation system and the TSR system (where activated) and the preselected speed then adapts to the road conditions by itself, e.g. the topography of the route, speed limits and the traffic ahead.

The system recognises curves, roundabouts, road junctions, gradients, city limits and speed limit signs often long before the driver sees them and will adjust the speed accordingly.

Predictive function can be turned off in one of the driver assistance menus
I think this is only if you have the assistance package as a factory fitted option?,
After purchasing the ACC on FOD it would not adjust to speed limits and i searched every switch possible in the MMI and also had the Speed sign active as well.
I really hope I'm wrong about this and you can tell me how its activated? because this would be really good and better than just detecting the car in front.

I think this is only if you have the assistance package as a factory fitted option?,
After purchasing the ACC on FOD it would not adjust to speed limits and i searched every switch possible in the MMI and also had the Speed sign active as well.
I really hope I'm wrong about this and you can tell me how its activated? because this would be really good and better than just detecting the car in front.
From memory it should be in the efficiency settings. If it’s there there will an option called Predictive Assistance or something like that with couple of other options that can be selected too. Hopefully you’ll have it

I did the same.. after expiring it takes back all the added functions (navigation and virtual cockpit) leaving you with the digital cockpit as it was in the beginning. I wish there was a separate purchase for the virtual cockpit without the navigation because i likes the sporty look on the gauges plus you could see the oil temperature when pressing the view button.

The ACC system is massively better with auto in that it can take you down through the gears to reduce speed with the traffic and take you back up through the gears when it clears. I looked at a lot of markets in the app, including Italy and Luxembourg, Italy isn't the cheapest any more for lifetime ACC, Germany us, at €387.

On my ID3, the speed recognition in conjunction with ACC cocked up a lot. Driving along the A1 at 70mph, the cameras pick up a 40mph sign up the sliproad you didn't take and start braking down to 40mph until you intervene.

Adaptive cruise now available on UK site
View attachment 260541
Just swapped my 2022 S3 for a 2023 S3 (yes I know it's identical) but I can't access FOD. In my "old" car FOD appeared on both the My Audi app and on the PC version and I bought ACC and Traffic Sign Recognition but when I tried on my "new" car the only FOD available is "Themes". I've also tried on the German site but the only other function it offers is "Audi Digital Profile". If I go to All Functions, scroll down to the bottom and under Other Services > Functions on Demand it shows "Send Data: Off" and there is no way to turn it on although I don't know if that's causing ACC or TSR to not be available. Any suggestions?

Just swapped my 2022 S3 for a 2023 S3 (yes I know it's identical) but I can't access FOD. In my "old" car FOD appeared on both the My Audi app and on the PC version and I bought ACC and Traffic Sign Recognition but when I tried on my "new" car the only FOD available is "Themes". I've also tried on the German site but the only other function it offers is "Audi Digital Profile". If I go to All Functions, scroll down to the bottom and under Other Services > Functions on Demand it shows "Send Data: Off" and there is no way to turn it on although I don't know if that's causing ACC or TSR to not be available. Any suggestions?
When i picked up my new Edition 1 the other week it was the same. ( only showing themes) also it said demo license on the mmi. After 4 day’s the correct license dates came up and also the FOD on the app.

When I finally got mine to work on the German site after a software update (2020 S3) I had to logout log back in and change password then logout again and then login in to German site with new details and it worked

When I finally got mine to work on the German site after a software update (2020 S3) I had to logout log back in and change password then logout again and then login in to German site with new details and it worked
Thanks - I'll leave it for a few days and if it doesn't come up I'll try the log in/out & password change you suggest

More and more manufacturers are doing this (and with more and more features) - it's a rip off. You've paid for the hardware and software which are already fitted in the car - you're paying £££ (or $$$ or €€€) for them to flip a bit somewhere to say that you can use it.

I'm waiting for the "start engine" subscriptions to show up, just to prove that you will never own anything and will have to rent it for ever.

More and more manufacturers are doing this (and with more and more features) - it's a rip off. You've paid for the hardware and software which are already fitted in the car - you're paying £££ (or $$$ or €€€) for them to flip a bit somewhere to say that you can use it.
But you haven’t paid for the hardware and software. Audi have installed both for free with the calculation that they will make a profit through a certain percentage of people buying the upgrade.

In times past, you could only specify options at the time of buying the car (which is still the cheapest way of getting these features). Audi (and others) are now providing a new option of trying before you buy, or of paying to upgrade the car after buying. They benefit from the opportunity of making money on the car after the initial sale and we customers benefit by having an easy option for upgrade or the flexibility of renting features that we may not want to pay the full cost of.

Last edited:
Reactions: vatdim and STmichael