Functions on demand.

Hi RSt3ve ... Can you clear up one detail for me - I went to myaudi and changed my location to Germany then logged in - it still recognised my car (2021 S3) and everything, great I thought. I navigated all the way through the FOD shop and selected the function I was after (speed sign recognition) ... still great. But then when checking out my basket it forces you to enter your billing address on a page that doesn't allow you to select the UK (doesn't appear on drop-down list). Every country in the EU is listed, but not UK (Thanks, Brexit!). Anyway, unless I can enter a valid EU billing address, it won't let me proceed with the purchase. How did you get around the billing address issue? Thanks in advance
I used my U.K. address but used the British embassy in Berlin's zip(Post code).
That allowed it to work for me

Reactions: Indycat
Wonder if rear cross traffic alert will be available to activate

Wonder if rear cross traffic alert will be available to activate
FOD effectively enables additional functionality of equipment that is already included as standard on a particular model To be remotely activated

Rear cross traffic alert uses two rear-mounted radar sensors which are not part of the standard build and therefore doubt this will become available

Reactions: AdamInKent, Sparks43 and Brian Leslie
I'm unable to access the app as have no VIN no.
Could someone advise what the lifetime costs are for each option please ?

I'm unable to access the app as have no VIN no.
Could someone advise what the lifetime costs are for each option please ?
High beam assist and Camera Based Traffic sign recognition costs attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-104412_myAudi.jpg
    Screenshot_20210610-104412_myAudi.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 246
  • Camera Based Speed Warning.jpg
    Camera Based Speed Warning.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 234
High beam assist and Camera Based Traffic sign recognition costs attached.
Thanks for that, the HBA isn't too bad. Not interested in the TSR but would be in the ACC, had it for 7 years on various Golf's but not sure it's worth 1000 euros.................

Reactions: Brian Leslie
Thanks for that, the HBA isn't too bad. Not interested in the TSR but would be in the ACC, had it for 7 years on various Golf's but not sure it's worth 1000 euros.................
I purchased lifetime ACC for £695

You would need the different cruise control stalk to activate ACC - Some cars have come through with it probably due to lack of parts but my S3 didn't come with it and as such the only thing I could upgrade was TSR

Reactions: Brian Leslie
I think the only function on demand I'd want to see in the car is the ability to shut back seat drivers up.

Reactions: chevy117
After a frustrating experience with Audi Digital Services (who told me everything from 'you already have FOD installed' to 'FOD is not available for your vehicle' I have luckily stumbled across this post and cheated the system.
High Beam, Adaptive Cruise and Traffic Sign Recognition now purchased on trial and ready to be downloaded on the car tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing this info, I'll link it into the 8Y RS3 section as I'm sure there will be others looking to do this ahead of the official UK launch 'coming soon....'
Hi please could you let me know how you got round the postcode that is required, I have been on the Ireland site and German site and can't get past the billing postcode part many thanks.
Byron

If you are buying for life use Luxemburg for Full beam assist and Sign Recognition and Italy for Active Cruise control, of the the few countries i checked they were the cheapest.

Looks like I too have been able to use the FOD via the German website. Trialing Sign Recognition and Active Cruise control for €1ea. Checked I had the correct cc stalk before doing so. Already have HBA which I knew I wanted having got it on my A4.

I finally managed to get this working on my car. After numerous times of trying the German, Italian, Irish My Audi sites!
The trick was to use a VPN! I recently downloaded one to watch the ahem Boxing :boxing:. Many sites offer free subscriptions for a short amount of time. Ideal for this!

Not realising I still had the VPN on I tried the My Audi site and Voila the functions on demand were there! Why I didn't think of this sooner was beyond me!!
Signed up for the traffic sign recognition and adaptive cruise control, using the British embassy in Berlin's address. Went out to the car and within a few minutes the functions were activated on the car.

Really happy with what I've been able to do with the car this week, between the functions on demand and the dancing rear lights, been a successful venture!

For reference I'm running 3620 software

IMG 3061

Reactions: thomaslewis
I finally managed to get this working on my car. After numerous times of trying the German, Italian, Irish My Audi sites!
The trick was to use a VPN! I recently downloaded one to watch the ahem Boxing :boxing:. Many sites offer free subscriptions for a short amount of time. Ideal for this!

Not realising I still had the VPN on I tried the My Audi site and Voila the functions on demand were there! Why I didn't think of this sooner was beyond me!!
Signed up for the traffic sign recognition and adaptive cruise control, using the British embassy in Berlin's address. Went out to the car and within a few minutes the functions were activated on the car.

Really happy with what I've been able to do with the car this week, between the functions on demand and the dancing rear lights, been a successful venture!

For reference I'm running 3620 software

View attachment 258186
Did you use a vpn on the phone or on a pc at home. I ran the I keep on my phone, connected to a German server, then opened the audi app and it still reported no functions available. Does anyone have a simple "Idiot proof" guide on how to get them set up ? Would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

F

Stange : when I log on to myAudi ( Without a vpn as I am at work ) it shows that I am Canadian / In Canada. I have never been there and registered from a UK IP address ?

Stange : when I log on to myAudi ( Without a vpn as I am at work ) it shows that I am Canadian / In Canada. I have never been there and registered from a UK IP address ?
This was my initial finding! I have no idea how i ended up on a Canadian region either.
I followed the info on this forum to change region to UK but have also changed to many other countries and have made purchase from Italy, Ireland, Germany and Luxembugh via FOD.
Never had a problem and never needed a VPN so dont really understand previous comments?
Possibly due to service provider or company blocking certain things?

Just carried out an experiment. No VPN ( Still at work ). Deleted all Audi related cookies ( Except for this site ), selected Ireland, found a house with the same name as mine and used that eirecode ( Equivalent to post code ), purchased a trial of signs and high beam ( The only two available for my car ) using paypal. Only a trial as need to confirm they work in the first instance. Checked the Italian site as well and still those are the only two available for my car ( S3 collected 2021-04 ). After work I can find out if any of that actually worked.

Just carried out an experiment. No VPN ( Still at work ). Deleted all Audi related cookies ( Except for this site ), selected Ireland, found a house with the same name as mine and used that eirecode ( Equivalent to post code ), purchased a trial of signs and high beam ( The only two available for my car ) using paypal. Only a trial as need to confirm they work in the first instance. Checked the Italian site as well and still those are the only two available for my car ( S3 collected 2021-04 ). After work I can find out if any of that actually worked.
It should start installing as soon as you turn the ignition on

That is what I was hoping for but given the history of the IT in the vehicle I am not holding my breath.
Fair point
I couldn't even find the FOD's on the German website but as soon as the software was updated and I logged out back into German MyAudi it was there and then when I went to the car after purchase straight away it started installing

Traffic Sign always throws an error when I turn the ignition on, but goes away straightaway and works fine - The camera boots up quicker than the MMI which seems to be the issue

Fair point
I couldn't even find the FOD's on the German website but as soon as the software was updated and I logged out back into German MyAudi it was there and then when I went to the car after purchase straight away it started installing

Traffic Sign always throws an error when I turn the ignition on, but goes away straightaway and works fine - The camera boots up quicker than the MMI which seems to be the issue
I should be able to post an update after the commute home later.

Think I’ve found a hack in the purchasing,
So did the usual to change the country on the my Audi app…. Logged out of the app and on login changed the country by the drop down menu on the little globe on top left had side of the log in page.
I purchased the traffic sign and adaptive cruise for the trial period of a month for 1 euro, this was done on the Ireland settings.
When the free trial was up I logged out and logged back into the German site by using the globe drop down to change country, purchased the traffic sign for a month as the German site is the cheapest country……. Logged back out, changed back to Ireland site and I could purchase another months trial of adaptive cruise for a month trial for a euro.
So instead of paying for 1 month to a lifetime at a huge markup just purchase what you want on the Ireland site for a month trial 1 euro, then when it expires switch to the German site and do the same, then just keep alternating between the sites……. Just remember to do it once the trial has expires as whichever country your logged in at it shows your purchase till it expires

Attachments

• 2D5BFA51-7533-4124-A8E6-F4A8B86B3A79.jpeg
    2D5BFA51-7533-4124-A8E6-F4A8B86B3A79.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 171
Best of luck
Within a minute of starting the car it seems that the functions were enabled. Speed limits worked fine. The adaptive main been seems to be there but not dark enough to actually try it out.

Now all I need to do is figure out why ACC does not seem to be available for my car.

I was up to date on software updates, but just had a call to book my car for service and they mentioned yet another update - in this case related to Functions On Demand so may be worth checking with dealer.

I have an issue with FOD too. Can't see any functions available on any country/shop, even though i have verified the account with Audi Digital Services.
The only exception to that is Germany, where i can only see "Digital Services - Audi Digital Twin - Premium Steckbrief" and some Themes for MMI.

I have contacted them twice about it, and they have finally admitted that i should be able to see a lot more Functions on Demand in shops like Germany or Ireland.
They sent me an email asking for some extra information, and have forwarded my problem to their Technical department.

I'm currently waiting for an update from them. No idea what's wrong.

I have an issue with FOD too. Can't see any functions available on any country/shop, even though i have verified the account with Audi Digital Services.
The only exception to that is Germany, where i can only see "Digital Services - Audi Digital Twin - Premium Steckbrief" and some Themes for MMI.

I have contacted them twice about it, and they have finally admitted that i should be able to see a lot more Functions on Demand in shops like Germany or Ireland.
They sent me an email asking for some extra information, and have forwarded my problem to their Technical department.

I'm currently waiting for an update from them. No idea what's wrong.
I had this but as soon as I had the update for the SOS update with rear camera they confirmed it would sort it and it did

I had to logout on a computer and then change country I chose Germany and then logged back in with my details and traffic sign recognition appeared and was able to purchase

I had this but as soon as I had the update for the SOS update with rear camera they confirmed it would sort it and it did

I had to logout on a computer and then change country I chose Germany and then logged back in with my details and traffic sign recognition appeared and was able to purchase
Hmm, interesting. Looks like a bug then i guess. It is strange though, because my car was built in 07/2022 and i would assume it has the latest update (never got the SOS issue most people had)
Oh well, i will most likely need to get another update.

Hmm, interesting. Looks like a bug then i guess. It is strange though, because my car was built in 07/2022 and i would assume it has the latest update (never got the SOS issue most people had)
Oh well, i will most likely need to get another update.

I have exactly the same issue (located in Greece too, received mine early September). Have you contacted already one of the official repair shops? Are they aware of the issue? I emailed Kosmocar two days ago but they have not responded so far)

I have exactly the same issue (located in Greece too, received mine early September). Have you contacted already one of the official repair shops? Are they aware of the issue? I emailed Kosmocar two days ago but they have not responded so far)
I have good news. I tried again tonight, just 1 hour ago, and Ireland and Germany shops now display FOD.
Crazy... I'm not sure if this is the result of Audi Digital Services having done some corrective actions to my account, or it was just a generic problem with the Audi servers, but i have successfully purchased the "Audi Smartphone Interface" for 1 month, from the German store (it's cheaper than Ireland).
In case that was a problem with my account (and maybe yours too), make sure you give them a call ( Audi Digital Services --> 2111981274 ). They will most likely investigate and resolve your issue too.

• Love
Reactions: Dimitris1911
Based in the UK I managed to obtain one month trials of speed signs and auto-headlights from Ireland. Now I wish to extend / purchase an extended option but there appears to be no option to do that. I am hoping that once the trials have expired that option will once again be available.

Reactions: Encode_GR
Based in the UK I managed to obtain one month trials of speed signs and auto-headlights from Ireland. Now I wish to extend / purchase an extended option but there appears to be no option to do that. I am hoping that once the trials have expired that option will once again be available.
I noticed that too. It looks like only one type of licence can be active at a time, in terms of duration.
So, i think you have to wait for the trial (or any other selected period) to end. Then you should be able to select another option.