functions for mfsw

JustCharlie

Reaction score
I'm pickin up my new S3 in the mornin, it comes with the FBMFSW, what functions can be carried out from the steering wheel? cheers

I'm pickin up my new S3 in the mornin, it comes with the FBMFSW, what functions can be carried out from the steering wheel? cheers
Track up\down, radio station up\down, volume up\down.

If you have phone preparation the mode button will switch between radio\cd and phone.

If you have BT the PTT button will allow you to talk to the BT unit.

If you have the RNS-e and SDS the PTT button will allow you to control the RNS-e by voice command.

I believe it should also allow you to guide the car around any obtacles which may appear in your path.

Track change
Fast forward
Phone book access (if you have BT prep)
Voice activated dialing
Vol up/down
Steering left and right :racer:

cheers fellas, didn't realise I'd be able to steer with it to:yahoo:

Got BT and DVD Sat-nav so looks like it will do loads, looks like I'll be doin alot of manual reading:readit:

Track up\down, radio station up\down, volume up\down.

If you have phone preparation the mode button will switch between radio\cd and phone.

If you have BT the PTT button will allow you to talk to the BT unit.

If you have the RNS-e and SDS the PTT button will allow you to control the RNS-e by voice command.

I believe it should also allow you to guide the car around any obtacles which may appear in your path.

hi marc

please could you tell me if by depresssing the volume buttom/roller this mutes the stereo.

i'l tell you why i am 100% sure mine used to do this but no longer does.

just wondering if i should take it up with audi.

thanks

omar

cheers fellas, didn't realise I'd be able to steer with it to:yahoo:

My last A3 came with the optional steering wheel on the passenger side and voice guidance too. I didn't spec those options when ordering the current one.

Got BT and DVD Sat-nav so looks like it will do loads, looks like I'll be doin alot of manual reading:readit:

You'll need to do the SDS hack and reroute your microphone if you want to be able to talk to the RNS-e. I can help you out with notes on how to do that when the time comes.

hi marc

please could you tell me if by depresssing the volume buttom/roller this mutes the stereo.

i'l tell you why i am 100% sure mine used to do this but no longer does.

just wondering if i should take it up with audi.

thanks

omar

Nope, doesn't do this. Pressing the volume dial on the wheel is used to make the nav lady repeat her last instruction. I've been on to Audi UK about the lack of mute functionality on the wheel amongst other things, but nothing's gonna change on the current model. Maybe they'll get their fingers out with the all new model in 2010/11.

cheers pal, I'll look in to that once I've got used to all the other stuff