Function of 2 items in enginebay

Solberg

Reaction score
Can somone explain the function of these 2 items circled in picture?

Imageedit 2 3618184905

The bottom one is carbon canister, the top is the coolant return pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does the carbon canister do? Do I need it?

The upper one is the container where fuel pipes to/from fuelrail goes on not coolant pipes.

The three there are fuel, fuel return and the other is the breather that goes to the carbon canister, some people delete the canister,
6e8aa882896d6a261bfba7081d014916.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you need it or you will get fuel smell in the cabin, it's possible to remove the canister and vent the pipe straight out through a hole in the wing I believe, but I don't see the point.

I have removed my canister and it currently vents into the wing... no fuel smells from it either... but I did remove mine because I wanted to relocate my fuel filter there else I would have most likely left it where it was...

If you do not need the space then leave the canister there but you will still need to vent the output of the N80 somewhere if you delete the rest of the EVAP pipework going to the TIP and the throttle body...

As Bill said though do not block off the tank feed... this is its vent... it needs this... it can potentially cause fuel starvation issues if blocked off...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Solberg