Fun car for 2k

batwad

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants to get himself a "fun, maybe a bit of a sporty" car for £2,000. He's not too concerned about age or mileage so I suggested a 205 GTI, MR2 or CR-X.

Any other suggestions?

honda crx v tec about a 'j' reg i reckon. watch out for clutch slip on them though. mine was so much fun! or a nissan 300zx twin turbo. had one of those too, they offer you 300bhp for about £2000 upwards now! A proper beast! probably the most hp you can buy for 2k!

Fiat Coupe turbo:

Bit of a retro vibe going on.

The fiat Coupe 2.0 20v turbo is a beast of an engine for what you pay for it!

220 bhp i think?>

Drove one a few weeks ago lets just say a BIT faster than my 1.8 T hehe

Jason

SteveS said:
honda crx v tec about a 'j' reg i reckon. watch out for clutch slip on them though. mine was so much fun! or a nissan 300zx twin turbo. had one of those too, they offer you 300bhp for about £2000 upwards now! A proper beast! probably the most hp you can buy for 2k!

Clutch slip!! I had my CRX VTEC 3 yrs & never had clutch slip once. Even after i'd tuned it to 236bhp. Altho when i got it to 210bhp i fitted a Integra Type R uprated Helix clutch. Still, for the 2 yrs it had almost standard power i never had probs.

I was a member of CRX-UK for a few & went to loads of meets & track days yrs & i've never heard of clutch slip being a common prob.

Most reliable car i've ever had, JUST!! My FTO only let me down once in 2yrs & it was just fuel pump relay. Infact i've never had much probs with any of the Jap cars i've had.

Touch wood the Evo will be as reliable;)

If i was spending £2k on a fun car it'd def be the CRX. Ok so it's not as fast as an MR2 turbo which are cheap as chips but at least you don't have to worry about the CRXs back end sliding all over the place when the roads see a hint of rain/grease on them

CRXs are just so funto drive & the VTEC sounds even more awesome with a couple of breathing mods

Craig:cool:

MINI > 205 gti With a Mi16 lump > 306 gti6 > Granada Cosworth