FUMING...SOME IDIOT HAS KEYED MY CAR!!

S3MMA

Reaction score
I am fuming some idiot has keyed all down one side of my car very deep!!

has anyone got an tips for removal?

If your finger nail gets caught while dragging it across the scratch you'll need paint i'm afraid.

G

Feel your pain, someone keyed mine last month, went sick but couldnt find out who did it.

Yes its very deep, how will I go around doing that? Am I best getting it done professionally?

get us a picture and we can have a look to see whats best.

depending on length a depth u may be able to get a touch up pen layer it on then a good polish for the colour of ur car to smooth it over

The Only way to remove what you are describing as a very deep key line, would be paint imo, using touch up, for me just doesn't cut it. Speak to people like Chips away etc to see if they can recommend a way without the costly exercise in having it professionally painted.

I'd not be happy with anything other than the way it was before! I do feel for you, sometimes people can be very evil and jealous!

I sincerely hope you get this sorted, it would kill me if it happened on mine.

G

If its that deep then no amount of machine polishing will make it go away... I have used 2000grit wet and dry (warm soapy water) to carefully take the edge off a scratch then machine polish over but its taken me a bit of practice to get it somewhere handy and even then it only ever lessens the effect...

I have seen (but not tried) paint being teased in using modelling brushes (very fine) then wet n dry it back and machine polished

As Mr G. has said, if its that deep then paint is the realistically the answer...

<tuffty/>

Ill get some pics up later, I am not upset, one thing after another!!

U to. Happened to my friends car this morning also. It was deffo kids as it looks like they tried to engrave their initials on the bonnet then underlined it. Scum.

Ouch, why do people do this to car. Hope you get it sorted.
With it being deep I would get it painted at a body shop.

That sucks. My mate had his s3 keyed and had it repaired 'on the cheap'. It looked 10x worse after then it did before!!

think about a vinyl wrap. i am considering this to my car. worth thinking about...

happened to mine too, same colour as yours too, real killer. although it wasnt quite as deep and manged to mop it out then autoglym hd wax over the top and its hardly noticeable. but as its been said if you can feel it with your nail when u drag it over the scratch paint is the only way you'll make it go away. could certainly be improved with a mop and with the right sealants/wax etc on top it can take ur eye off it. although you'll always know its there! :( good luck though getting it out!

If it was my car I would have to get it in a body shop and have the relevant panels resprayed, a touch up will never be perfect.

it would cost a bit but it will always play on your mind if you can see any signs of it.

Hate to say it but a respray is the only real solution that won't show the scratch after it's done. These scumbags need to try doing it to some nasty bastad's car and then get the kicking of a lifetime - would hopefully send a message to the rest of the scrotes. Are there any CCTV camera near where it was done?

I cant understand why people are still doing this to the 8Ls they are knocking on now and surely they are not jealous of 10 year old motors? I know it should not be done to any car, but to understand them you have to think like them....and if there is a brand new car on the street, isnt that more rewarding for them???? just trying to think outside the box?? obviously they are sub human scum anyway....and want there scrotum wrapped around there heads to slowly suffocate ....