Full throttle or progressive throttle??

RB S3

Reaction score
Hi guys,
When going for a blast, do you simply plant your foot or do you progressively put down the throttle.
Just noticed that if i change gear and straight away plant the throttle, the engine stutters slightly and isnt as smooth or fast as if i slowly increase throttle...
Thoughts??

Ha, ok. It must be related to the mapping issue then.
No worries :)

Whilst I don't condone driving in an entirely digital manner (0, 1, nothing in between) you should at least be able to if you want to.

If it's hesitating or stuttering at WOT that would indicate an issue of some sort.

Map 3 and below are smooth, can go full throttle from 0- whatever.
Maps 2 and 1 are faster initially, then as you go up the gears the power reduces, sometimes stuttering in gear with on/off power

No earlier in the rev range.
As soon as you change gear the turbo just doesn't pull as it did in the earlier gears.
Il just run in map 3

Rb maps
Given these are your duty cycle maps for Map 1 (highest) and Map3 the one you prefer.... It makes little sense 1 is less eager... there are some build issues with your setup without doubt.

I presume that because on the dyno its just 1 gear pull it wasn't noticed but if i go full throttle from standstill, by the time you get 5th/6th the power just drops of and it doesn't run right.
Weird but it cannot sustain the higher maps power for long enough to warrant using it?!

I presume that because on the dyno its just 1 gear pull it wasn't noticed but if i go full throttle from standstill, by the time you get 5th/6th the power just drops of and it doesn't run right.
Weird but it cannot sustain the higher maps power for long enough to warrant using it?!
yes, and thats indiciative of the premature rapid fall away of torque when loaded more on the higher boost maps.. The more you asked from it the faster it just fell away.. Died on its ****.
Heat/Backpressure, something just killing it. It flowed the 340bhp of air... but would'nt achieve the power despite significant timing on board for a non wmi car.. Low CR, largeport, + something unknown conspiring to kill it off.
I dont know what