Full strength drls for auto lights !! Found it ! :)

Keane

Reaction score
Alright lads, I've asked a few times on here how to have full strength drls on demand as the auto light position turns to dipped beam way too soon (when it's not dark) and the side light switch is half strength drls.

How it's done... You go into 09-cent elect and go to byt 25 View attachment 32576

Where it says drls inactive with light switch off (bit 5) you need to untick the box changing the 2 to a 0 and job done 👍 when the light switch is in the 0 position your drls will be full strength :D

Last edited:
Reactions: K.A
Ok, this sounds great to me, but I don't have this option on this screen (byte 25) when I go there.

There are quite a few other options that relate to DRLS in other bytes, but not this exact option.

There are things like DRL's active only with ADL (Advanced Driving Lights) whatever that means, and it has the option to untick it.

Can't seems to view your attachment above either to check - can anyone confirm if they know where this option is? Mine is a 2011 S3 BE.

Ok, this sounds great to me, but I don't have this option on this screen (byte 25) when I go there.

There are quite a few other options that relate to DRLS in other bytes, but not this exact option.

There are things like DRL's active only with ADL (Advanced Driving Lights) whatever that means, and it has the option to untick it.

Can't seems to view your attachment above either to check - can anyone confirm if they know where this option is? Mine is a 2011 S3 BE.

This could be it for you .... As mine is a 2009 so probs just worded different :) try it, you can always put it back :). Also if you want the rear lights on as well as drls, you change from North America to Scandinavia 👍

Ok, so I went to this option (Byte 26) and unticked it, and it now has my DRL's on when in the 0 position, so it looks like this is the solution.

Another option I came across was the option to adjust the threshold for which the auto lights come on at, but it seems to only make them come on in stages of "earlier-ness". At the moment they are set to normal - which is roughly 73% from memory.

There was a menu where you can configure the % according to another car spec, and the R8 seemed to have the highest threshold of about 93% - where the higher figure seemed to denote a later lighting kick in.

Didn't try it with another car spec, but it could be the key to others getting this fix in place if the above solution doesn't work.

Can someone post a screen shot of the option in vcds would like this on mine :)

NME;2159260 Another option I came across was the option to adjust the threshold for which the auto lights come on at said:
Any chance you can post where the above option was found ...

I posted a pic in op ... I'm using tap talk and can see it fine on this app

It doesn't show on mine just display a blank image can you reupload or pm please?

y2ehydet.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399197774.655413.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399197774.655413.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 176
That option doesn't show on mine I'm using the latest version of VCDS?

When you go into central electronics which option is next on the drop down on next screen?

Any chance you can post where the above option was found ...

Ok, this option is accessed by changing the drop down menu of the screen before you access the long coding screen.

You should have 3 options in the drop down box, and the one that is selected as default - is the one that gives you access to the screenshot provided by Keane.

If you select the 2nd one down, ( I think whatever the word is began with the letter "R" and was german) it then gives you a different long coding screen, and I think byte 2 or 3 was a DRL correction setting page where you could play about with what model car you have for the % brightness.

If I get chance I'll post a screenshot, i've just got back from work and i'm a bit frazzeled with a million things to do!

8yqeqyqa.jpg

These are the options I get?

I don't see the options above on mine?

8yqeqyqa.jpg

These are the options I get?

I don't see the options above on mine?

Mine was the same, try the next byte - 26 - and look for "DRL'S only active with ADL - Active Driving Lights / Assitance".

Untick this option and it does the same thing.

It is defo on this row somewhere, just keep looking!

Reactions: Keane
One more thing I wanted to do was increase the brightness of the DRL's when on dipped and coming home lights. How easy is this todo?

One more thing I wanted to do was increase the brightness of the DRL's when on dipped and coming home lights. How easy is this todo?

Coming home lights is very straight forward, a couple of boxes need to be ticked. On the later DIS version it can be enabled in the menu in the car - as mine is (being a 2011) - yours must be very close to this, have you had a good scout through the menu options?

In relation to the dimmed DRL's - this whole thread is based around being the solution to the dimmed DRL's when just driving in the daylight - not sure how to change the brightness of the DRL's with dipped beam.

I found a menu where it does refer to the DRL dimming - I think it was in the earlier bytes, but it appeared to be set to max brightness - which made me think it was how to further dim your DRL's in the daytime - something I am not keen to do!