Full size Spare ..

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
When specifying the full size spare option is if you have 18's do you get an 18" wheel as the spare ? also is it a steel or alloy spare and I presume since the wheel will be much thinker than the space saver you need to raise or support the boot floor. Has anyone got this option ?

i dont see my alloys fiting on the spare wheel place, but i have quattro so i guess space is more at a premium...

Pedro

Hi, new on here and am looking for the boot conversion for a full size spare wheel too. I have it on my Mk5 golf and wondering if anyone knows if it is available for the A3?

As far as I'm aware you can only get a Space Saver spare for the A3.

Because of the thought of getting a puncture half way across France on the Autoroute on a Sunday morning on my way to Germany and Austria, I purchased a full size steel wheel and had a tyre fitted. As on these occasions my boot would normally be full with luggage, I put the wheel and tyre in the large plastic bag provides in the tool kit and carry it behind the front passenger's seat. Not ideal but better than having to drive a long way at 50mph.

Guy at work has an 8L with a full sized, actual alloy as a spare that came with the car/as an option.

Guy at work has an 8L with a full sized, actual alloy as a spare that came with the car/as an option.

Cheers for the reply, so do you know if your friend have polystyrene inserts like these so that the boot floor is flat?

02a.jpg

01a.jpg

I used to have an 8L with a full size alloy spare. The recess in the boot floor was big enough so it must have come as standard.
Both 8P A3's I have had came with spacesavers.