1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full rs4 body conversion?

MarkLand Jul 12, 2018 at 8:38 PM

1. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

Hi,
    Out of curiosity, is it possible to fit the full rs4 bodykit on a s4? Both B9 models.
    How much would that cost?

Thanks

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

A lot. Off the top of my head you’d need:

Rear wing
    Rear quarters
    Rear doors
    Rear arch liners
    Rear bumper
    Rear diffuser
    Front quarters
    Front bumper
    Front grill
    Air intake grills

Wheels would need to be changed as well otherwise they’d be lost in the arches. The grill alone would be £6-700 I’d imagine.

The rear quarters would need cut out and new ones welded in and everything repainted.

Basically, it’ll be a ton of cash. As a figure off the top of my head, I don’t think you’d see change from about £10k once it’s said and done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terminator x likes this.
  4. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

Ouch! I was expecting something in the 6k.. wow thanks for your input!

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Buy the real thing and don't 'chav up' a A4 ;-)

6. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

You never know, it may be cheaper if you got prices from Audi, but I highly doubt it. Imagine the doors will be really expensive.

And that price didn’t include new wheels either.

7. Daggerit

Still cheaper doing that and tuning an S4 up to almost the same power as an RS4 though. By almost £10k... Haha.

8. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

Lol yes you are right, I was in the mood of putting a big turbo, change suspension and brakes but I would end up with the same budget as a used rs4 for something less desirable.
    Wrong thinking :)

9. Daggerit

No point doing engine work yet since it can’t be tuned (afaik). No one has cracked the ECU yet...

terminator x likes this.
  10. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

Daggerit likes this.
  11. Daggerit

Yeah, a few have said they have stuff in development. APR and Revo are two I’ve heard of but no one has any timescales or anything so I’m not holding my breath!

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS4

You'd need to make the engine smaller and add a turbo too though ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Daggerit likes this.
  14. Daggerit

Yeah, but who wants a smaller engine?! Lol.

Joking aside, I know that it's not an RS, but I'd argue you could have 90% of the fun in an S4 with a tune as you could in a stock RS4. That was always my issue with the new RS4 and the £20k (ish) price hike over it's little brother. The S4 definitely doesn't have the same presence as the RS4 though, that's for sure!

Spaceman_RS3 and Riko0073 like this.
  15. terminator x

Yeah the £20k uplift is hard to justify, a bit like price gap S3 vs RS3. Heart vs head for me.

TX.

Riko0073 and Daggerit like this.
  16. Daggerit

Totally agree. And I think most would see it the same way in that the heart vs. head is kinda the whole point of the RS badged cars. I certainly wouldn't say no if I had the cash, but being in the zone between the two cars for what I'm willing/able to afford I'll have to stick with the S for now... :)

Riko0073 likes this.
  17. terminator x

A4 is a great looking car and with the S4 you get power + stealth which is no bad thing.

TX.

Daggerit likes this.
  18. A12RNX

A12RNX Member TeamMisano Team V6 saloon Audi S4 Audi A6

19. Daggerit

Brakes are steel as standard, much the same as the S4 but bigger basically (and I think the discs are semi-floating/slightly different hub mounting).

The front end you posted has the carbon which is a £5k option so will be a lot more expensive than a standard setup. Maybe £10k from me was low balling it a bit but it'll be seriously expensive basically. Haha.

A12RNX likes this.
  20. Spaceman_RS3

Spaceman_RS3 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Team Panther Audi RS3 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

I’d like an rs4 next just for the arches and that badge is worth it for me but I always find the Rs cars have much more that just that they grip you and you fall in love with them like no other model does

terminator x and Daggerit like this.
  21. cuke2u

rasA4 likes this.
  22. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

23. Nickfrog

Nickfrog Active Member

But I guess the fake RS4 would depreciate far quicker than a real RS4 as most of the "investment" in modifying is lost. I think it's a false economy and you still don't have the real thing.

Spaceman_RS3 likes this.
  24. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

Depreciation will skyrocket anyway once I will modify the engine (once ecu is cracked), so resale value is a dead end from the get go.

It is a project and mechanic is my hobby anyway.

How much more money will be wasted on a real rs4? A lot..

25. cuke2u

Have you then tried a parts request here https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/support-tickets/list

26. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

I saw the same parts as theirs on ebay. 50%+ chance it is chinese. I ordered a chinese part once for another car and I ended up regretting it..

My best bet right now: as the rs4 is very new, I will wait for new aftermarket bodywork proposals that should come between now and next year. Everything will clear up then.
    We will see what we can really do with the engine as well and if it is a good starting point.

If not -> rs3, but with a broken heart.

Maybe I triggered too early..

27. SMI77

SMI77 Australia Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

28. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

29. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

Btw,
    The rs4 (slightly used) is around 100-120k€ where I live, when the s4 is 54-65k€. Almost full options both.

This is just a detail, but of importance indeed.

30. Daggerit

My worry is that the exhaust ports won’t line up and since it doesn’t have traditional manifolds it won’t be easy to sort if that’s the case.

Add to that the fact that the ECU hasn’t been cracked yet and I think you’ll start running into issues. Unless you can just swap the ECU out? But then things are getting expensive. And you’ll need additional wiring on the harness for more lambda probes/wastegate wiring/etc.

Just don’t know if it’s worth it?

31. MarkLand

MarkLand New Member

This. As I said, it will all depend on the ECU.
    From there, we will have enough information to know if this platform is good enough without swapping the ecu (a no-no).

Aesthetically, I will go for a slight lowering, with something like kw suspension, 19" concave wheels (wider to add stance), front/rear bumper conversion when it will be available.
    And a new exhaust system (oval tip would be nice) + better looking big brakes .

I dismiss the rs4 full body. I made some calls and it is very expensive when available, not talking about fitment. Audi is kind of reluctant anyway.