Full factory bi xenon retrofit

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
Im feeling the need to take on another big retrofit job.

I know this has been covered 10s of times but there is very little info out there about retrofitting all the associated equipment such as headlamp washers and self leveling adjusters.

The headlamp washers should be simple enough although keeping everything oem would take a little more creativity I'd imagine. The bumper would be replaced with another oem item with the factory washer equipment etc and preferably, if i get lucky, a dtm version.

The main info im after is how to fit the self leveling equipment to the car. I can source all relevant components and fixings using the EPC but its the nitty gritty wiring and control module part thats causing confusion.

Im aware that you don't need the self level and washers for the retrofit, but im looking for full oem functionality and to keep the car legal to prevent any MOT related issues.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

From the research i have done I think the leveling sensors are fitted on the wheel hubs.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Looks like your suffering from the dreaded " audi retrofitting syndrome" Alex, very common condition that affect a lot of us and just gets worse , only known cure it to buy another car that's not an audi..:haha: , I suffer from it very badly but hey a car is what you make it.:yes:

Anyway , enough of this .
It is a fairly straight forward project Alex just make sure you get all the correct bits and be very careful buying used headlamp washer kit as it will be quite old now and the plastic part's become brittal and break, also the washers have a nasty habbit of getting stuck out when washing and don't retract , so need replacing.
Just a case of buyer beware really.
There is a thread on the forum somewhere , i'll see if I can back track and find it.

rob

Last edited:
Reactions: IamCerberus
Are you thinking fixed xenons or adaptive? the latter are much better and worth doing over the fixed lamps.

Last edited:
From the research i have done I think the leveling sensors are fitted on the wheel hubs.

The levelling sensors are fitted to the lower suspension arm half way along, look like a lever assembly clipped around the arm.

Reactions: Donfero
attached here.
Upload 2019 9 4 19 50 37

The levelling sensors are fitted to the lower suspension arm half way along, look like a lever assembly clipped around the arm.
I guess I was close enough.

My theory is i intend to keep my car for a while so im making it the most high specced b7 A4 there never was!

Adaptive would be nice Rob, im aware about the washer components, i would more than likely replace those with new items for piece of mind.

I also know the self leveling system mounts to the lower control arms but its the usual figuring out the wiring thats the issue.

Reactions: tr7
Im a touch on the particular side Rob. If i can't get it 100% original or fully functioning i won't bother with the job

Kufatec sell a wiring harness for the self leveling headlamps. Item number 33862-1.

Reactions: tr7
Whoa - wait - adaptive?

I'm all ears...............