1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full detail daytona grey A4 (pic heavy)

JO03L EH Jun 26, 2018

1. JO03L EH

JO03L EH New Member

New member thought I would upload a thread of my detailing process. Picked the car up a couple weeks ago and gave it a wash and clay to get rid of as much dirt as possible then could see the true condition of the paint. The car has a few stone chips that have been filled in, and some minor swirls on the bonnet, roof and bottled but seems pretty good. Spent the full day working on the car to get it the way I wanted and just waiting on getting a DA polisher before correcting the swirls.

Products used in this thread.
    36270659_10213797514944785_5504730768624058368_n.jpg

Started off with a rinse, roof downwards and into the arches and under the bonnet.
    rinse.jpg

Car was snow foamed using chemical guys 'honeydew' mixed 50ml of product and filled the rest of the bottle with warm water. Snow foamed the car then rinsed roof downwards twice. Whilst the foam was on the car I agitated the badges, handles, shut lines and spots where dirt can gather with a detailing brush before rinsing.

agitate.jpg

Impressed with the results just after using the honeydew.

rinse post foam.jpg

Auto glym magma used on wheels and arches, skirts and bumpers. Think I prefer iron x to this, still some fallout present after rinsing.

magma.jpg

Car was then washed with chemical guys citrus wash, 2 buckets and lambswool mitt.
    2 buckets copy.jpg

Car was washed rinsed twice then dried with the aid of auto glym rapid detailer and microfibres.

microfibre dry.jpg

Once the car was dried I was able to get a better look at the swirls, mainly on the bonnet, not a massive amount but should be able to remove once I get a DA.

swirls bonnet.jpg

The bodywork, wheels were then clayed again using a meguiars clay bar and chemical guys clay luber. Was impressed with the clay luber, didn't need lots of product for the area working on made the job easier. Small sections at a time and dried with microfibre.
    clay lube.jpg

arch clay.jpg
    clay detail.jpg

The car was then masked up in prep for polishing.

mask polish.jpg
    Larger areas were polished first using auto glym super resin polish applied with microfibre pad then buffed off with towel. Smaller areas were then treated when tape removed.
    AG SRP.jpg
    roof ag srp.jpg

Polishing results on the roof
    roof post polish.jpg

Pretty happy with the results for polishing by hand, couple of passes on the bonnet, roof and boot lid where the swirl marks are located.

I then applied Poorboys black hole glaze with a foam applicator and buffed with microfibre with some great results to fill those swirls.

pb blk hole.jpg
    pb blk hole 2.jpg

Got a nice wet look from this product prior to wax application

post blk hole.jpg

Car was then applied with Autoglym HD wax with applicator and buffed after 15 mins, applied on 1 panel then buffed the other until the car was done. Looking for a new wax so open to recommendations.

hd wax.jpg

wax.jpg

The car was buffed free of wax. Tyres dressed with meguiars endurance tyre gel. Glass and rubber cleaned with AG fast glass. Glass polished with AG glass polish. Then applied 2 coats of Rain-x to the glass. Exhaust tips clayed, cleaned with WD40 and polished with autosol.

Results after 10 hours work...

finished 1.jpg
    finished 2.jpg

finished 3.jpg

finished 4.jpg

Loving the colour in the sunlight, and happy with the results. Any recommendations on wax as Im very low on what I have. Open to any advice on the detailing side or if I can help anyone I'm happy to help.

scotty76, Jimbo10, Audib5fan and 9 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine (thanks @XP :-D) Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro Supercharged

Car looks stunning mate and a job welldone. However, I must mention that working in this scorching heat you are either a very brave man (very likely) or must have covered yourself with a few coats of sun cream prior to polish/waxing the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter Audi A3 Sportback S-line owners group Manual

Great job mate , car looks brilliant.

5. Audib5fan

Audib5fan 4 rings <3

Cracking job paint looks excellent

6. A4A4

A4A4 A4 A4

10 hours!.. of hard labour has paid off. Superb results.

Great colour that Daytona.

7. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Ultra high definition wax is a nice upgrade from high definition wax..... It doesn't dust as much as the high def and its easier to buff off ... Beading and durability have been improved as well

jungle650 and q5man like this.
  8. Radford212

Radford212 Well-Known Member saloon Audi A4 Black Edition S-line owners group

This a fantastic job, A very impressive effort! Love that colour.

q5man likes this.
  9. JO03L EH

JO03L EH New Member

Plenty factor 30 and moving the car to keep some of the panels out of the sunlight. Was hard work!

Thanks mate!

Thanks mate loving the colour

Felt like 20! Cheers mate
    I'll look into that, thats one of the issues iv found with the wax is the buffing is a nightmare, thanks for the recommendation

Thanks mate, I'm loving it as well!

q5man, Tashfeen and Audib5fan like this.
  10. Audib5fan

Audib5fan 4 rings <3

Maybe look at fifth element sample pot as well from Angelwax

11. JO03L EH

JO03L EH New Member

Thanks mate I'll have a look into it

Audib5fan likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Jimbo10

Jimbo10 Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group

Mega post pal!!

I've got Daytona / PB Black Hole / AG SRP, but I only ever use the Poorboys, then wax or seal because I was under the impression both blackhole and SRP do pretty much the same thing? Am I way off base with this assumption?

14. JO03L EH

JO03L EH New Member

Thanks mate! They do but SRP has some abrasive in it so i used that as a polish then the black hole as the glaze until I get a DA then can use a more appropiate polish for that.

15. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

Just shows what great results can be had by hand. Top work!

jungle650 and q5man like this.
  16. JO03L EH

JO03L EH New Member

Cheers mate, hard work ha!

scotty76 likes this.