fufurb the turbo on a 2.5tdi 163bph audi avant how difficult

Colin Anderton3

Reaction score
hello and thinking of doing this in the warmer weather, is it a job worth doing? or best left alone and what parts would be needed when doing the job, thanks from Colin

hello and thinking of doing this in the warmer weather, is it a job worth doing? or best left alone and what parts would be needed when doing the job, thanks from Colin
I have just read it should of said refurb not rufurb don't know what I was thiking about, I suppose it is the old addage if it is not broke don't fix it,cheers from Colin

I suppose it is the old addage if it is not broke don't fix it,

There's your answer right there, lol.
BUT! There is no harm in removing, stripping, cleaning and rebuilding it. They can soot up inside and stop the Variable vanes from moving fully.

Or you could buy my 2.5 tdi Allroad turbo that gives a little edge over the standard 2.5 tdi turbo, and along with a remap you will be smiling all day long :)

There's your answer right there, lol.
BUT! There is no harm in removing, stripping, cleaning and rebuilding it. They can soot up inside and stop the Variable vanes from moving fully.

Or you could buy my 2.5 tdi Allroad turbo that gives a little edge over the standard 2.5 tdi turbo, and along with a remap you will be smiling all day long :)
hello do you know I would buy your turbo without any thought but I have to face upto the other half and it is she who must be obeyed so to speak but I agree where she is coming from as I do not count or watch the purse strings but thaks for the tip on desooting the vanes cheers from Colin

According to Adamss24, the trim is different so it spools a little quicker and should hold the boost for longer. The reason the trim is different is because an Allroad is heavier.

According to Adamss24, the trim is different so it spools a little quicker and should hold the boost for longer. The reason the trim is different is because an Allroad is heavier.
Not entirely true but the allroad turbo has different stop screw/actuator settings and main difference is in the map. The early gt2050v had a different vnt mechanism held with 5 bolts instead of 3 on later ones and the turbine shaft was necked so more prone to break...

Not entirely true but the allroad turbo has different stop screw/actuator settings and main difference is in the map. The early gt2050v had a different vnt mechanism held with 5 bolts instead of 3 on later ones and the turbine shaft was necked so more prone to break...

I must have misinterpreted one of your messages then couple years ago when I first got my B6 then.