Fuel Pump upgrade

A3 NICK

BOOOOOOOOOST!!!
Reaction score
Hi All

Car is going in for stage 2 map in a couple of weeks so am thinking about changing the fuel pump before i go and get it done. Should i just replace it with an oem one from GSF (£87) Or is there anything anyone can suggest as a worthwhile upgrade which would be a straight swap?Don't want to drive all the way to Rtech and then realise my fuel pump is holding me back! car is an AGU 1.8T.

Thanks All
:beerchug:

Sytec intank from Bill will be PERFECT for you mate!

It's a direct OE replacement fit, and the same price as the OE one from GSF amazingly, and will support around 450bhp!

No brainer that one, Contact Bill at Badger 5 to order :)

Cheers guys :) so prawn that pump would definitely be the best option for my car? And would it be fine for me to fit not before the map and drive it up there with it?

I'm fitting new injectors as well from a calibra. They are yellow top 346cc should I not fit them till I'm up at Rtech? Thanks :)

Unsure about fitting the pump before the remap, someone else will know that. But wait until you get to Rtech before fitting the injectors.

fit pump whenever you can mate, before the map is fine as it'll only supply what's needed.

As for injectors, drive up there with your stock injectors fitted, Niki will usually fit them himself as part of the mapping.

Thanks for all the info on that guys, really appreciated. I would have got the pump from bill but after checking the money situation couldnt really stretch that far. So i have sourced a Fuel Pump of a 2003 S3 for now untill i can afford a proper upgrade. Should the S3 pump be a good enough upgrade for now? And will it be a straight swap? Thanks

S3 pump is twin pick up. You'll need to modify it and block off the second pick up to get it to work on your A3 mate.

Ohhhh Ok, What one would be ideal for a cheapish price? One from an LCR?

For the sake of an extra bit of money i think im just going to get the one from Bill. Im Sure the Mrs will understand :undwech:

Reactions: s3dave
the going rate for a used LCR pump seems to be about £50-60, the extra £30 for the Sytec is SO worth while, as you just don't know the quality of a used LCR pump, they do fail over time sadly, so it's a gamble.

Sytec will supply your needs for years to come, 100% OE fit, and also future proofs the car for further upgrades :) I run the sytec at 380bhp so you're well covered :)