Fuel Pump Relay - 2.5 TDI

hodgy0_2

Reaction score
Hi

does anyone know where the relay is for the fuel pump

I am trying to test my fuel pumps operation - I don't seem to get a voltage at F28

also does anyone know the technique for removing the rear (saloon) seat - to check the pump

Cheers

Mods - can this be moved into the B6 forum please

thanks

Ok, sorted now

In the end I did not need to find the fuel pump relay - I just needed to concentrate

The back story is that I had put some petrol in my TDI, the problem was it was just a topup, I.e. I had a reasonable amount of diesel in already

Anyway I drove for about 120 miles with contaminated fuel - I could not tell the car drove fine

Until it flatly refused to start on Saturday, my wife used it to drive into town (put the petrol in on Thursday)

So had it recovered back to the house

My problem was I needed to drain the contaminated fuel (I had done a similar thing a few years ago)

So I jumped the F28 fuse to pump the crap out via the disconnected pipe to the fuel filter

(Except that in a blond moment I forgot how to jump the fuse - I connected both fuse terminals to a battery, instead of earthing the negative to the car to create a circuit)

Anyway alls well now - she fires up and seems to run no problem

Move to the correct forum though - hopefully it might help someone else

fuel-doctor-uk-wrong-fuel.png

I honestly hope it doesn't take a forum post for people to put the correct fuel in their cars...

Having said that, glad you got it sorted and lucky it was only a top-up!

Don't think they made a 2.5tdi for the B7, the B6 had a choice of a 1.9tdi or 2.5tdi... This may be for the B6 forum...?
Matter of fact the 2005/2006 b7 was offered with the BDG v6 tdi engine as an option alongside the 1.9 tdi, 2.0 Tdi and 3.0Tdi quattro. It was only available in FWD guise though and for a very short time...

fuel-doctor-uk-wrong-fuel.png

I honestly hope it doesn't take a forum post for people to put the correct fuel in their cars...

Having said that, glad you got it sorted and lucky it was only a top-up!

mmm, can happen

we have 4 cars in the family - 2 diesel and 2 petrol

I remember the top-up on Thursday, coming home from a meeting in Sheffield - I was a bit stressed and distracted tbh, but the car actually drove fine

anyway, just filled to the brim with diesel and seemed fine