Fuel Pump Not Priming on cold Starts

Pasteurised

Reaction score
Hey guys, 2002 Bam S3.

A problem I've been having for a while now is the car stalling/nearly stalling straight after a cold start unless I blip the throttle.

I've now noticed that I can't hear the fuel pump prime in the mornings when I first start the car, but I can hear it on warm starts.
Also noticed that my torque app isn't getting a reading for fuel flow rate like it used to.
No codes on VCDS.

Any ideas?

No check engine lights on the dash. No error codes stored in the ECU and a problem restricted to cold starts. Often this points to a vacuum leak. Unmetered air getting into the system will cause a weaker combustion mixture. If it is this, the car will be harder to start (as it needs a richer mixture on a cold start) and slightly down on power generally.

slightly unrelated - but if you change your fuel pump be cautious as my car now runs out of fuel when the trip computer tells me I still have 10 miles left - whereas before I went to 0 miles remaining and I still drove 10 miles to the fuel station (when I first picked up the car)

slightly unrelated - but if you change your fuel pump be cautious as my car now runs out of fuel when the trip computer tells me I still have 10 miles left - whereas before I went to 0 miles remaining and I still drove 10 miles to the fuel station (when I first picked up the car)

baaahahahhaha this happened to me too! I've got an uprated in-tank - car died on me literally 300 meters away from the servo when i was thinking "she'll get me there" ummmm.. no not this time!