Fuel pump change

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Simple question... Easy job or not? Just bought an S3 fuel pump for my A3.

Rich

Easy job if you know what you are doing!

Does that help? lol

yeah it does... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Seriously, i doubt its hard and i doubt it will take long, but wanted to make sure. Does anyone have the procedure for doing this?

Rich

Rich,

I was looking at the very same thing for my A4, because I want to change the fuel system when I do the turbo upgrade (I'm figuring bigger injectors will be better serviced with a higher flowing pump, adjustable FPR etc.), so I looked at the good ol' Haynes manual...

Procedure seems pretty straight forward but they do say you'll need a special tool to get off a locking ring that holds the pump in the fuel tank. Or, as thay also suggest, it may be possible with two screwdrivers crossed over, whatever that means!

I'm sure there'll be some way of getting it out, only way to tell is to have a go I reckon. I don't think it's a big job.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
yeah it does... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Seriously, i doubt its hard and i doubt it will take long, but wanted to make sure. Does anyone have the procedure for doing this?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I've sent the procedure to your sales@jbr address Rich it's too big for here

Thanks Andy, thats great!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i will post it up as a link later... im busy trying to recover my HDD as windows well and truly f*cked itself... i mean PROPER F*CKED! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif