fuel prices in europe

It good to see this, I'm doing a tour around Europe this summer, and I can try to ensure that I fill up in certain countries. I thought that we were probably the most expensive here in the UK, but now see that we aren't. Belgium, Germany, both more, even France is only 8cents (about 5p) a litre cheaper. I will be doing a steady 55 mph in Italy!

It's interesting that with the exception of Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania, every other EU country is cheaper for diesel than petrol. Wonder why that is?

Oh wait hang on a minute, it was always that way in the UK too until people, in order to economise, were forced to run diesel cars. Then all of a sudden .gov/oil companies decide to charge us more for the diesel instead.

Rip-off Britain indeed!

It's interesting that with the exception of Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania, every other EU country is cheaper for diesel than petrol. Wonder why that is?

Oh wait hang on a minute, it was always that way in the UK too until people, in order to economise, were forced to run diesel cars. Then all of a sudden .gov/oil companies decide to charge us more for the diesel instead.

Rip-off Britain indeed!

Exactly what I thought !

I Live in France and diesel here is 1.26 euros per ltr. cheaper than quoted above. Petrol is more expensive here than diesel, but still cheaper than the uk.

Thats a good price, is that away from main roads ?
I drove down France last summer to Beziers on the Med coast, fuel was more than that on the main A roads
Going to the Loire Valley this year, south west of Paris, at least it's cheaper than the UK !

Hi

Yes, try and buy your fuel in the large supermarkets, either intermarche or Carrefour the are usually the cheapest. The prices on the autoroute are more expensive as expected. Have a lovely holiday.

Only one comment to make, as far as I know, Italy, for one fixes or used to fix prices country wide, so no need to "shop" around, and currently, as of two weeks ago, petrol was roughly same price as in UK.

Strange but true, on the way back home after flying in to Glasgow, petrol price of UL+ BP at the M8 services, was only 1pence dearer than I pay for Shell UL+ in Edinburgh - I did not expect that!