Fuel pressure

Sean Allroad

Reaction score
Hello folks,

does anyone know what the fuel pressure and delivery rate should be for the fuel pump in the tank on 2.5 tdi allroad?
in would also like to know where I can find literature on how the tank system functions. The car is 2003/4 model.

Many thanks

I'm not home to check the program for specification, but if you take the fuel feed line and put on ignition, if it flows some diesel, should be okay.

On older 2.5tdi the injection pump was sucking diesel directly from the tank itself. It was PITA to bleed the system if you ran out of fuel or if there was air into the system.

I always thought the only reason the allroads had a pump was to balance the levels over the prop.
The Injection pump sucks the fuel itself, so you will have no pressure, just a "vacuum"

@wesmater, older v6 had the injection pump suck diesel directly from the tank. The newer one (2001 and on, I think) have a pump that lift the diesel from the tank to the injection pump so you can get rid of the bleeding problems.

On the older quattro they fitted a transfer pump from one side of the tank to the other. But the injection pump was still sucking diesel from the right side of the fuel tank, until they fitted the lift pump.

I believe that allroads have one transfer pump and one lift pump. This means that the feed line before the filter should have a little pressure to bleed the system of air.