Fuel Mileage Display

SusanSA3

https://www.facebook.com/allcarsolutionsessex/
Reaction score
Evening all,

So we bought a cheap Audi A3 Sportback TDI E to fix up. It’s 58 plate, told it’s facelift model and 8PA. Basically noticed there’s no outside temperature or fuel mileage display.. is this normal? Kinda assumed this was on all the Audi’s as my husbands 2005 avant has it. Not sure if I’m being dumb.. or if this is something broken or not available on this car. I’ve googled.. but can’t seem to find much. I don’t have a button on the wiper stalk but not does my husband with his A4.

Any help and advice. Much appreciated.

Please post a pic of the speedo with ignition turned on.

Please post a pic of the speedo with ignition turned on.

this was today before my husband recoded they car. We put a new engine in it over the weekend

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-12_20-58-13.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-12_20-58-13.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 151
Definitely no button on the underside of the wiper stalk? That normally cycles through the available modes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely no button on the underside of the wiper stalk? That normally cycles through the available modes...

I have searched on the wiper stalk. Nothing on the side of it from google images it’s just smooth with a button to control the speed of the wipers. My husbands A4 doesn’t have a button but had the feature of Miles fuel and temperature outside

It requires parts & coding for these functions.

If you would like this fitted, ping me a WhatsApp.

So when the door is shut - what is left on the screen?

Yep maybe just a basic spec SE trim?

So when the door is shut - what is left on the screen?

Just what’s on the radio and tells me what gear I’m in when I’m driving along. Messages pop up if there’s a problem.. but we are repairing it at the moment so I have no clue what’s exactly meant to be on the dash

Yes I can supply, fit this feature set.

Slightly off topic Susan, but under your avatar you state that you are a 'Women'. How many Women are you, or did you mean you are a 'woman'?
:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: CHEZ
Looking at the avatar - yes looks to be very basic spec - no fog lights even so modules throughout will be low-end.

But as NHN says if you want the higher spec DIS enabled that should be doable.

I was in a similar situation many years ago with my first A3 (a 56 plate) - I ended up spending a fortune on various bits over the years but since then I’ve learnt my lesson :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the avatar - yes looks to be very basic spec - no fog lights even so modules throughout will be low-end.

But as NHN says if you want the higher spec DIS enabled that should be doable.

I was in a similar situation many years ago with my first A3 (a 56 plate) - I ended up spending a fortune on various bits over the years but since then I’ve learnt my lesson :)

thank you. I learnt my lesson 12 years ago with a basic sport 8L which I assumed was more then it was. We bought this car for £400 as a non runner and will sell on and buy another non runner till I can reach my goal. I’m aiming to get either sline A3, A4, A6 or Q5/7. I was just hoping it had a bit more then the basics I take it my chances of swapping the climate dials to digital are a no too?

More than just the controls unfortunately - all the climate gubbins aren’t there either