Fuel Line question

Daniel Iversen

Reaction score
so a couple days ago i came to damage one of my underbody fuel Line (feed) while doing my front suspension.
My question is then, Can i just cut away the damaged section and replace it with a piece of rubber hose until i Can get a complete replacement line?

Thanks

you could, but the main problem is the pressure requires a barb on the end of the line to stop the hose popping off.

On my old car i had a similar issue, and i used a pipe flaring tool to put a gentle flare on the end of the pipe, to hold it in place. Not ideal, but it seemed to work fine.

you could, but the main problem is the pressure requires a barb on the end of the line to stop the hose popping off.

On my old car i had a similar issue, and i used a pipe flaring tool to put a gentle flare on the end of the pipe, to hold it in place. Not ideal, but it seemed to work fine.

I cut the damaged piece off using an air Saw, then repaired with a piece of fuel rubber hose and Two clamps on each side to hold it in place. Though rhis Will only be a temporary fix.