Fuel guage / low warning sign

Lowfield

Reaction score
Hi
Just filled the tqs up after 220 miles. (Dis showing 20 miles left and pump warning sign on at 25 to go). Am i right in thinking its a 62lt tank as i only managed 48lt to brim?
Question is ... can i vagcom to reset tank level sensor .. or open the hatch in the boot and bend the level sensor arm .. or do i need a new or used tested unit?
It's not life or death, just one of the 3 niggles i have with the car.
Cheers

Simon

Hi
Just filled the tqs up after 220 miles. (Dis showing 20 miles left and pump warning sign on at 25 to go). Am i right in thinking its a 62lt tank as i only managed 48lt to brim?
Question is ... can i vagcom to reset tank level sensor .. or open the hatch in the boot and bend the level sensor arm .. or do i need a new or used tested unit?
It's not life or death, just one of the 3 niggles i have with the car.
Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon, looking in the owners manual, fuel tank capacity is approx 62ltrs for fwd and 60ltrs for 4wd.

I can only think that you might have had more fuel in your tank than the DIS was showing, which might explain why you could only squeeze in 48ltrs to full.

With the DIS indicating a range of 20miles what was fuel gauge indicating?

From memory, have a look at the fuel level sensor - it's not unheard of the wires to break / fail and causes weird readings.

Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete

It was on the red line between the 1/4 black dash and empty red line

20170526 123143 756x1008

the dis shows 0 miles with at least 5 litres still left in the tank. I dont think its out my much really?

The most i've ever squeezed in was 58L and that was after about 20miles on the motorway with the DIS showing 0...

Hmm. Picture resized and crap. I think you get the gist though.

Simon

Ahh so 48lt with 20 to go would equate to your 58lt at -20. All good then. Cheers Kev

You beat me to it. It's estimated there's about 8ltrs left when you hit reserve fuel so add that to the 48ltrs pumped in and factor in volume change it's about right I'd say - no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk