1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Fuel flap lock replacement?

Tom Shields Jun 28, 2018

1. Tom Shields

Tom Shields Member VCDS Map User

Hey,

Anyone replaced the fuel cap lock on their a3? Trying to do mine but getting nowhere.

Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. driver_tim

driver_tim Registered User

Had mine replaced at vast expense this week as it kept jamming. Was told a new motor was needed, but that looks to include the whole hinge mechanism.

4. Tom Shields

Tom Shields Member VCDS Map User

It's not all part of the same assembly. The thing that pops out when you push the flap in was only 22.08 from TPS.

I think you've been had

5. driver_tim

driver_tim Registered User

I hope not. I took the car to my local dealer for the service and repair (whom I've had problems with on the service side before, albeit years ago), as my preferred dealer who are actually further away was booked up for several weeks. Looking at the bill the parts they've replaced are "Insert, Actuator and Deposit," the most expensive of which was £20.44. What's pushed the bill up is the £140 labour, which I assume is either 1.5 or 2 hours.

6. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Mine kept jamming so I had to use the red cord when filling up in the petrol station. Fortunately it was replaced under warranty. Some how it would've been £210 if I had to pay.