Fuel Flap Alignment ?

Just Checked,Ma cars Flap...does hang a bit to to the left...lol....but god almighty....i personaly dont do anal....but this takes the hole oot of the mint for me....lol

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
I'm pleased to report the flap on my old girl is just right..................not too tight, not too loose...................and with just a gentle prod it pops open nicely then I can fill her full of juice!! Bootiful !! lol

(Is that better Blackwhite?) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Do you find that yours swallows juice like no tomorrow and sometimes spits????:cower:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Do you find that yours swallows juice like no tomorrow and sometimes spits????:cower:

.....depends if I push her all the way to the brim !! :rockwoot:

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
'Touche' Ha Ha ..Does she prefer the fully loaded 99 ron :racer:?

emmm, you got me there! Think I might have peaked too soon, spent me load if you will......... :scared2:

Reactions: Jassyo06
It's only plastic clipped into plastic, so its easily done.
Yes but I am actually ultra careful when using this i only ever press to open where the resistance is so I abit annoyed if it'stwisted so easy

Yes but I am actually ultra careful when using this i only ever press to open where the resistance is so I abit annoyed if it'stwisted so easy
That's not good, having read this - going to be even more careful now!

Reactions: Simon L
It must be said it really is of pretty poor construction. Remember the first time I filled up I thought I was gonna put my finger through it!!

It feels like something made on a Blue Peter show out of papier-mache !! lol

It must be said it really is of pretty poor construction. Remember the first time I filled up I thought I was gonna put my finger through it!!

It feels like something made on a Blue Peter show out of papier-mache !! lol
I do like the little stand for the cap though...

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and Blackwhite
I do like the little stand for the cap though...

I like the stand for the cap also. It took me awhile before I even knew it was
there. :redface new:

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Wonder what it's like on the Focus ST ??

Mine is currently flush all round, although also am now wary of pushing / prodding too hard.
This will be another first on a "quality" vehicle if it occurs ?!

Good news is that being a Diesel I'm only at the forecourt once a month, so should take a couple of years to break / go out of shape.

So I am checking all a3 that i walk past at the moment sad that may be but I have found a good 75 percent seem twisted in some way, in fact some are really bad. Show room cars perfect but that's about it ... Surely others on here must be awful too.

Mines pretty even ....

So8D3Eto

Reactions: xBox and Simon L
Your car looks really smart have to say.

So I have looked at another dealers used A3's and to be honest most of them seem moved and out of alignment .. so I think this is def not just me in fact I took photo of one of their stock cars just to convince myself it was same as mine (see below and compare to my original post) So basically I think as you use the car it gets out of alignment top and bottom edge become proud of the body slightly and appears to shift left slightly too...

So I think I may live with mine for the moment and see what happens but I would be surprised if everyones on here is brilliant there must be others too that look like below

IMAG0485

Reactions: Rob2k68
I don't think Audi have done themselves any favours with the design here at all. By putting a feature line through the middle of the flap that is surely what gets lined up first and foremost at the expense of achieving constant gaps.

Then there's modes of adjustment any effect of flushness will have an adverse effect on gapping. The red car above looks slightly under flush at the bottom and therefore a tighter gap . Finally there's the materials used, by having plastic bowl, flap and hinge I can imagine that over time, different load cases and environmental factors that things will indeed move.

Your car looks really smart have to say.....

Cheers by the way if referring to mine ;o)

It certainly doesn't look like that at the mo it's a bit neglected as would be dirty again the following day in this weather.

Mines pretty even ....

So8D3Eto

Thats my car, add a 20%VLT window tint and it would be an identical twin . . . . .love how the wheel colour matches the paint perfectly . . .

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Thats my car, add a 20%VLT window tint and it would be an identical twin . . . . .love how the wheel colour matches the paint perfectly . . .

.........yeah and likewise daytona ...................one of the things I like the most tbh! Classy wheels, ain't no doubt about it :)

70d8b9c61509762972ba15550044c7ff.jpg
had to look at Mrs M's flap , odd gap too , those Germans need some BL staff to keep them right