Fuel Filter.

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi there, I took my car in to get some tyres fitted today and they noticed my fuel filter was leaking.

So I have managed to source a new filter today, I thought I would fit myself as it seems easy enough even for me, And I need my car for tomorrow.

I have released the main jubilee. and have got the front connector off, But I can not seem to get the back one off, its really peeing me off now, I have been under the car for about an hour or so lol.

I understand that they have a release clip??I have looked at the guide still non the wiser, is there a good method to it?

I really do not want to break it, any advice would be great.

Thanks

Did mine earlier. There is a button u press. On mine it was black. On my old Audi it was blue. Press that and should pop off. Its around the neck near to the filter. On the rear connection its on top so u can't see it. Good luck

Did mine earlier. There is a button u press. On mine it was black. On my old Audi it was blue. Press that and should pop off. Its around the neck near to the filter. On the rear connection its on top so u can't see it. Good luck

A button? where is that please? Do you mean the bit on the connector? cheers.

Its the back one i can not get off,

Any one? been about 2 hours under my car lol,no progress.

The button type bit which I think is the correct bit, If I try to press in with a flat screw driver it just slips off. like it will not push in, and the connector will not just pull off,

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong, I can not understand how a connector is giving me so much grief.

thanks.

Have you done a search on "Fuel Filter" I remember seeing a thread somewhere on the subject.

DC

USE THIS: WD40 + 10 minutes later a size 10/11 spanner and yank it off.

USE THIS: WD40 + 10 minutes later a size 10/11 spanner and yank it off.

Hi matey I have put loads of wd40 on now, what do you mean with the spanners? Thanks

just push it out with a spanner rather than a screw driver. or if you don't have one use a really big flat head screw driver.

Hi all thanks for all your help, I have done it now:happy:,

The problem I had was the rear connector, It would not push in at all, so I kept spraying WD40 at it, as I think there may have been some dirt/grit behind it to stop it pressing in?.

And eventually it clicked in, and off it came, they went on really easy, clicked on no problem,

Its too dark now to look at my old filter, But i wonder where it was leaking from? as there was a fair amount of fuel coming from it, when my car was jacked up. Would it be possible they could get damage from a stone chip?

tried to change mine yesterday what a pig ,first the jubilee clip was realy mashed up, I first thought angle grinder, then thought petrol, decided to go for axe, then I thought distressed female look, that worked , got a mate to remove the clip now remove as it says on the tin, no way impossible to move it I'm sure I read "push fit" your having a laugh,next week end the shorts will go on cheers boys

The way I did mine was to press the little black button on the clip, while the button is still pressed, push in towards the filter, then pull away. Just take your time and get the feel of it, and eventually it will come off quite easy – try and avoid getting sprayed with fuel like I did!

These clips with buttons are similar to those that are in-between the power steering reservoirs and suspension top mount, there’s three pipes coming out of a black box which one of them is a fuel line.

Hi,

attempted this fuel filter change today, got the jubilee clip off after some brute force, wd40 and a set of vice grips (stubborn *******) but i have failed in trying to undo the actual pipes connected to the filter.

I have tried the below hints but the F****R will not move. It seems the little buttons are not depressing at all so much so i have wrecked the tips of my fingers.

Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve it?

Cheers

Matt