Fuel Filter Woes.....

boffin486

Reaction score
Hi folks - Not specifically A4 but - Here's something worth looking at on your Audi - the fuel filter. Today I had to change this on my brothers A1 as it had corroded through & was not just leaking but SPRAYING petrol out at high pressure. It is surprising how much modern petrol damages tarmac - it actually dissolves it quite quickly!

holed-fuel-filter-jpg.184763

This hole is actually on top of the filter (as mounted on car). Now a nice shiny new one is on & no more leaks.
Stopped it being a fire starter, a twisted fire starter...... Almost sounds like music!

Reactions: BakPak
Every 10 year old car I have bought has had the original fuel filter and pollen filter!

Amazing really

Reactions: Retroman
I've never seen a petrol fuel filter corrode like that - I thought they were made from aluminium. I agree with the comment above, they never seem to get serviced on petrol cars

The filter IS made from aluminium but constant exposure to salt and other muck off the road will make it corrode too. It just takes longer than steel. On the A1 (it's a petrol 1.4) it's mounted at the drivers side, under the floor at the rear - perfect for catching all the crap that comes off the rear wheel........ :grumpy: