Fuel filter cx, do I need VCDS??

tolse7

Reaction score
About to service the Audi very shortly, and I'm wondering if I will need VCDS to prime any pumps or fuel lines after I change the fuel filter?

Been caught out with this before on the wife's Golf, don't wanna be stung again.

Any help kindly appreciated

Yes it’s recommended to prime it after as common rail engines can be difficult to start after a fuel filter change.

Not really necessary. Just top up the filter canister with clean diesel. Mine started first flick of the key with no hesitation whatsoever.

Might just leave it for the garage to do after it's MOT then.

Easier with VCDS. Fuel filter now underneath the car on driver's side, so a partly filled fuel filter which has to be installed horizontally isn't going to be easy without it resembling a scene from the Poseidon Adventure! Used to do the fuel filter on an A2 and it least it was vertical, but again under the car. With Audi kept them in the engine bay.

can you not just prime them by putting key in ign not start it and allow fuel pump in tank to cycle a few times,done that many a time with various cars!

Yeah, when I found it underneath the car I thought it would be a pain to fill without spillages

Thanks anyways fellas