Fuel filter cap

Smithymartyn

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had a bit of a disaster today with the motor. Tried to change the fuel filter and whilst slowing removing the thing the lug in the cap that the filter sits around snapped off! Fortunately the car still starts, but guess I need to sort pretty sharpish..... Anyone know if you can buy a replacement cap, or is it the whole damn housing?

To add insult to injury, noticed that the near side lens cap was missing off the back of the headlight unit.... Anyone got a clue if you can just buy these on there own too?

Daren't open the ****** bonnet again :-(

Thanks

A3 Sline Quattro sportback tdi

You can definitely buy the lens cap separately - I've bought two in the past !

Need to know what year car and what engine code and also what sort of lights you have (halogen or xenon ) and I'll check the part numbers.

Cheers mate! 2006 170 tdi, Halogen. Do you need engine number or VIN? If so, can PM

Don't need vin however need engine code (BKD etc.). It's not looking good for the fuel filter housing - I think you have to buy the whole thing. Maybe scrapper might have something.

Is it the oval cover (main beam) or square cover that's missing ?

Thanks mike, it's the oval cover. Log book says BMN 704774 is that the one

The oval cover is part number :- 8P0 941 159 A (£13)

Part number for fuel filter ( sorry but it's the whole thing ) is either :- 1K0 127 400 K or 3C0 127 400 C (£150)

Not sure of the difference but it won't be much !