Fuel Filter 2.0 TDI.. Help please?

johal87

Reaction score
Hi,

im trying to work out which fuel filter I need, can anybody advise me, As audi wont give me the part number, and I've got trade status with TPS and there way cheaper so I would rather use them, but they have 3 different fuel filters coming up from my Vin.

04 audi a3 2.0 tdi s line

if anybody could advise me would be great.

Well there were only 2 filters tbh on an 04 tdi, one is short & the other is long, just ask them to order both, given its an item they probably order everyday & return the one you dont use, they should be ok with that, other option is to just undo the filter lid & check the filter directly.

I did the same when I had to change mine. The program was showing 2 types of filters for my engine, a short and... fat one and a long and thin one. I couldn't figure out on the spot which one fits and made a deal with the shop. I took both filters, paid for them and agreed to come back with the filter that didn't fit and they give me back the money for that filter. In my case, the longer one was the good one.
Good luck!

Cheers lads, Ill just get both,

Also at the same time, im changing the oil filter, air filter, oil (castrol edge 5w-30 fully Syn)

anything else you guys would say needs changing around the same time?

Cheers lads, Ill just get both,

Also at the same time, im changing the oil filter, air filter, oil (castrol edge 5w-30 fully Syn)

anything else you guys would say needs changing around the same time?

Have the Cambelt & Water pump been replaced yet matey??

Yes pollen filter underneath glovebox.