Fuel Consumption With Blue Haldex

vala

Reaction score
Had my blue haldex on now for 6 weeks or so and more recently I've noticed I've lost circa 50-60miles to a tank doing the same journey.
Would I be right in thinking that maybe the blue haldex is the cause?
For those who have one fitted did you notice this?

More time with Haldex engaged, higher transmission losses and drag, I guess it would make sense!

That;s exactly what I was thinking. Didn't think it would be that noticeable though, considering most of the time I just use the car to commute and it's in no way a 'spirited' commute, before or after the blue haldex was fitted.

50-60 miles per tank seems like a lot!

I know. Normally I can get an easy 300miles to the tank which is mainly a commute to and from work and occasionally I'll put my foot down.
However for the past couple of tanks it's been tight even getting 260-270 hence why I think if I put my foot down occasionally (as before) I'd lose that extra bit of range.
Had it hooked up to Vagcom and no error codes cropped up that would lead to increased fuel consumption. Car still runs the same as before the haldex as well.

I've had one fitted for about 3 years now never noticed that the car drinks more. What fuel are you using.