Fuel cap tether snapped!!

milkyjoe01

Reaction score
Hi, all! I've snapped the rubber tether on my fuel cap & rather than spending over £15 on a 2nd hand fuel cap (cheapskate i know!) I was hoping i could source a replacement, especially when all it takes to remove the tether is to push out the 2 pins on the cap end of the rubber tether. I've removed the remaining pieces of rubber tether (real easy) so all i need is a replacement, no pins or any fittings needed, just the tether itself. Any help is appreciated whether it's info to source a tether or to buy the 1 from someone on here. With only needing the tether it doesn't matter if it's Audi, VW, SEAT or Skoda fitment as they all use the same type of tether. Thanks.

Have you tried audi or tps and see if you can by it on its own

Tried Audi but they want £27 for a genuine fuel cap but all i require is the rubber tether!!! Arghh!!! I went on the T.P.S. website but all i could find was consumables, e.g. oil, bulbs, brake fluid, etc. I couldn't see any parts at all!!

They (Audi or TPS) don't sell the straps you have to buy the cap.

eBay has caps with straps for next to nothing, think I got one for about a fiver from China.

I managed to source a replacement strap from eBay for a couple of quid & the seller is sending 2x so i have a spare!! Much thanks to mor_jas on eBay!!