FS - A4 B6 OEM Xenon Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

yargnat

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

Here's the story.
I have a pair of OEM Xenon headlights with Ballast and Bulbs for sale, which are suitable for a B6 A4.
Ideal as a (nearly) plug and play upgrade for those with Halogen headlights.

I purchased themto replace the halogen headlights in my A4, but at around the same time, came accross a pair of S4 headlights, which are bi-xenon, and fitted those instead.
These are the original Audi headlights, new and unused -(plugged in to test but never fitted or driven)

To fit, they are plug and play, however some work will be needed to get headlight levelling to work (using the original electric adjustment on the dashboard)

The headlight levelling motor connection on the xenon headlight is a 4 wire connection
The headlight levelling motor connectio on the halogen headlight is a 3 wire connection.

You will need to cut the 3 wire connector from the halogen headlight, and connect it to the wiring on the Xenon headlight. The wiring is:

Headlight levelling motor side------------- Car side
Blue -------------------------------------Black
Black------------------------------------ Brown
Brown----------------------------------- Blue
------------------------------------------White (no connection)

The wiring change is made inside the headlight, no changes are made to the car wiring.

If you don't care about electric headlight levelling (and to be fair how often do you adjust it) then this is a plug and play solution, and will work out of the tin.

If you want working headlight levelling, then it's probably about 10 minutes work, assumming you can solder.

The advantage of this is that you do not need to worry about where to fit the ballasts, as they fit into the headlight, and you do not need to worry about the beam pattern as they use the correct Xenon projector.
The Ballast is made my Valeo, and the Bulb's by Osram. The headlights have seen 0 miles, and are as good as new.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much they are worth and so am open to offers. I'm pretty sure originally, I paid £300 per headlight, and £400 for the ballasts and Bulbs.

If you live near me, then I would be willing to assist with fitting.

Cheers,
Ray

Last edited:
:faint:....hoooooooow much? A Bag of sand!!! :blink:
I knew Audi were known for "having our Pants Down" but that is some Wedge!!
Never realised they were that much to be honest. Your going to be wanting top dollar for them then eh!

Have you gave Fleebay a go aswell?

:faint:....hoooooooow much? A Bag of sand!!! :blink:
I knew Audi were known for "having our Pants Down" but that is some Wedge!!
Never realised they were that much to be honest. Your going to be wanting top dollar for them then eh!

Have you gave Fleebay a go aswell?

Might give fleebay a go, but thought I'd give audi-sport readers first dibble.
Regarding pricing, I don't want and arm and a leg, just an arm!
The market has moved on since I bought these, with all the (cheap) imports, and HID conversions. I was always more concerned about dazzling someone (not that I worried about their eyesight, but incase they swerved toward me :rock:)

Last edited:
Yargnat, may I ask where you sourced the s4 Bi xenons from? And dare I ask the price?? lol

I have 'std' xenons on mine, do the Bi's plug n play?

Rich

Yargnat, may I ask where you sourced the s4 Bi xenons from? And dare I ask the price?? lol

Rich

I honestly can't remember, but it was a guy who had fitted them to his A4, that he was selling. The guy who was buying the A4 didn't want the lights so I kinda did a swap with him halogen's plus cash for his bi-xenon's

Rich

The Bi's do plug'n play, but the headlight levelling won't work unlesss you change out the levelling motors with the levelling motors from your halogen headlights, and the main problem with that is the levelling motor fitting is different for the S4 headlights.

The Bi's do plug'n play, but the headlight levelling won't work unlesss you change out the levelling motors with the levelling motors from your halogen headlights, and the main problem with that is the levelling motor fitting is different for the S4 headlights.

Sorry, when I say standard xenons I mean std HID's (sorry!)

So I can use the same ballasts that I have in mine, I ask as with having both dipped and main beam operating I thought it would draw more current?

Sorry, when I say standard xenons I mean std HID's (sorry!)

So I can use the same ballasts that I have in mine, I ask as with having both dipped and main beam operating I thought it would draw more current?

When you say standard HID's you mean the OEM A4 HID Headlights - with the ballast on the bottom of the headlight? (not an aftermarket kit)
If so, then I think your ballast will be fine. The Bi-Xenon just means that when you are in beam, the cut-off in the projector is removed using a solenoid, so no extra power is needed. The main beam headlight is still a halogen bulb. bi-xenon just means the xenon/hid part of the headlight is used for both dipped and main.

nb HID's and Xenon are the same thing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.