Front wings A4 B7 - probably been asked a million times :-(

barryA4

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive finally got round to replacing the rusted through front wings on my A4.
Does anyone have a "how to"guide for this job and is it an easy or difficult job ?

thanks in advance

Barry

Barry - have you tried claiming through the corrosion warranty? I've had mine down twice now - what year is the car?

Hi its a 2005 S-Line.
Thanks for the reply , yeh I had thought about it but really cant be bothered with all the claims and counter claims from Audi. I dont mind getting my hands dirty but just want to see if its easy enough to do.

:) Okay, no idea on actually doing it...as both times a slightly forceful "conversation" with Audi made it happen...

No worries Phil, thanks for the advice, hopefully someone will come online and point me in the right direction .

Yep, the best I can do is "front" :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried and failed with Audi (mines a 2006) and given up to be honest. Id rather get a decent paint shop to paint them and fit them myself rather than them incompetent monkeys haha.

In regards to fitting, front bumper off, undo all the bolts you can see, then I think theres one when you open the door too. Sorry if its a bit vague, I'm just trying to remember when I helped my friend install his B6-B7 facelift wings :)

Corrosion warranty is always worth a try. I had a whole new roof skin fitted on my B7 £foc

Granted it took them 3 fricken months! And i racked up 7k miles between the 2 courtesy cars i had off them.

Attachments

• january 154.jpg
    january 154.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 212
Thanks for all the advice, i found a guide from another forum (shhhh!!! ) i will give it a go tonight. And hope to post before and after pictures.
Will report back soon....thanks again

What ages does this apply to and what panels? my front wings are a little flakey and my lower rear passenger arch is bubbling.
I was going to go to a bodyshop.... its and B7 05 sline avant 2.0T

Its a 12 year corrosion warranty so worth a try? Usual get out of jail card is if they can prove the issue started with a stone chip...

Might be worth it on the rear arch? what about if its a non standard car e.g lowered?

Always worth a conversation - I don't think that should be a consideration - their main "checks" are stone chips and paint thickness as an indicator of non-approved paintjobs...