Front Windscreen - Exterior Clean

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Any ideas, what I can use to degrease and clean up my front windscreen, its not the wipers as they are fairly new, but the screen smears sometimes and as I do motorway driving I get alot of flies, whats best to clear the screen???

Any tips or advise much appreciate :)

I find methylated spirit degreases perfectly.

oh ok, will that not have an effect on my wipers??

Autoglym glass cleaner. It rocks.

I have used the AG cleaner, but doesnt seem to do the trick, have used normal window cleaner with newspaper as well and still no joy!!!

Will give the above a go again and see how it goes though :)

methylated spirit will be fine Nilz, as long as you get it all off afterwards. I did mine with it not long ago as it was pretty gunked up and glass cleaner alone wouldnt touch it. Not sure why it was so greasy though, but it shifted it. Gave it a good going over with AG fast glass after and bingo...job done.

T

why dont you just clay your window :) works for me ;)

That does wonders actually! :happy:

I may or may not have machine polished one of my side windows in the past to get some really fine scratches out of it........GEEK!! :ninja:

Oh, and Nilz, put some vinegar on a bit of kitchen roll and just give your blades a clean too, it'll lift all the crud out of them.

T

Sorry, I totally forgot about this thread, but thanks for all the help, will give it a go over the weekend :)

Pedro's bio degreaser I have for my mountain bike. It degreases, is water soluble, biodegradable and even works wonders washing hands ;)