Front Window

danrst171

Reaction score
When I put my driver side front window down it is fine, but when i try and put it back up again, it makes a juddering noise and sounds kinda like it's going to break.

Is it worth replacing the whole mechanism or just a specific part to get it to stop?

Cheers

It sounds like the mechanism is not meshing properly as the window is going up. Maybe stripped teeth?
Does it make less noise if you have a friend operating the switch and you help the window up with a hand on the inside and outside of the glass?
Sounds like the teeth are chewed on either the motor or the window regulator mechanism so it will need a strip down to find out which part(s) have gone wrong. Also might be the wires have come off the tracks so same repair job needed.

It sounds like the mechanism is not meshing properly as the window is going up. Maybe stripped teeth?
Does it make less noise if you have a friend operating the switch and you help the window up with a hand on the inside and outside of the glass?
Sounds like the teeth are chewed on either the motor or the window regulator mechanism so it will need a strip down to find out which part(s) have gone wrong. Also might be the wires have come off the tracks so same repair job needed.

Awesome, cars in garage at the moment so when it's back I'll take door card off and have a look. First time I've put window down when I was figuring out where they wanted it parking!