1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Front window steam up

Rob1967 May 20, 2017

1. Rob1967

Rob1967 Registered User

When driving along and out side temperature starts to drop my scream starts to steam up an is annoyingly hard to clear.i press windscreen button and it blows cold air out fast to clear scream but as soon as I press it again it steams up any way to stop this
    Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Simon968

Simon968 Registered User

Are you driving with the A/C on or in Econ mode?
    The only time I've had mine steam up was when it had been into the garage and they had turned the A/C off and I hadn't realised.

I normally run mine in Auto mode and it's fine.

4. S3Steve

S3Steve Registered User

If your windscreen is steaming up with the aircon on try selecting recirc this should stop the windscreen steaming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Rob1967

Rob1967 Registered User

Thanks for reply
    I always use econ mode as thought auto mode used more fuel

6. Furryhobnob

Furryhobnob Registered User

Econ isn't air con, try putting the air con on with the air going onto the windscreen, will demist it quite quick

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Simon968

Simon968 Registered User

Econ mode turns the A/C off.
    Probably uses slightly less fuel, but I can't say as I've really noticed much difference to my mpg with the A/C on or off in any car I've owned, so I just leave it on and enjoy the comfort :sunglasses:

8. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

I always use AC mode but never have the air flow directed onto the windscreen, I always select dash vents and footwell vents or just dash vents on their own, never had the windscreen mist or steam up in any weather even with no air flow onto it

9. Rob1967

Rob1967 Registered User

Ok thanks will try what you guys are suggesting